Your Ad Could Be Here

Up For A Challenge?

Hey

Anyone interested in a songwriting challenge? The challenge is simple... write 21 songs in 31 days.

The idea is not to get too caught up in making every one a masterpiece, but that you get used to finding ideas and writing about them. That's aproximately 2 songs every 3 days.

Post your songs in the lyrics and songwriting critiques boards!

Anyone interested?

Cheers

John

Hi Timothy

Lyrics only if you want. It's not an I'm better than you challenge, think of it as a personal challenge for yourself. :)

Bitch? ??? wtf?

Cheers

John

Are you outside your mind?? I could write 21 friggin limericks MAYBE

tell us how you do [smiley=rockin.gif]

Hey

well they'll be posted on the boards :P

:)

Cheers

John

Think I'll have to pass on this one. One of my biggest obstacles is that I can't do anything half-arsed. Translation: I either come up with a short idea that could have been good and I blow it off, or I have to keep at it until it's finished and I'm happy with the result. I wish I had that kind of drive though. I'd have a hard time writing 21 in 31 years.

I will start on the 1st of the month. And I will try to put the songs to some basic chord progressions if I can. And yes its a personal best thing. I also think it will be a good way to sort of force your brain to find new ways to be creative. I already have a couple ideas for generating topics.

I will start on the 1st of the month. And I will try to put the songs to some basic chord progressions if I can. And yes its a personal best thing. I also think it will be a good way to sort of force your brain to find new ways to be creative. I already have a couple ideas for generating topics.

good goin', good Luck with it! I look forward to the results [smiley=rockin.gif]

I've been writing poetry like that lately - just sit down and write what comes. Lyrics would be a greater challenge, but I can see the benefit of just WRITING PRODIGIOUSLY for a month.

I'll give this a try. But to be honest, I'm pretty challenged even when I'm not writing. In fact, "challenged" is a word often used by others in describing me [smiley=vocals.gif]

A Challenge for the challenged

That’s what I heard them say

Then I heard them laughing as they turned and walked away

I’ll show all of the punters

I have a Poet’s Soul

21 in 31 is nothin’

once I’m on a roll

I suggest we all start our own threads to post our lyrics . This is gonna be a hell of a challenge for me. I haven't written anything in 2 years. And I'm not the best or lyric writers anyway! But what the hell! What have I got to lose?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i did it! [smiley=rockin.gif][smiley=bounce.gif]

we only need to write lyrics right? because i've done 21 in 29 days, but all of them without music

but i did write them with consideration to structure. i gave headers like verse 1, verse 2, pre-chorus, chorus, etc before each set of lines although i haven't made the melody, rhythm, cadence, and chords to it

it was really fun! problem is i wrote 20 of them in my native language and only 1 in english :P so the last one is probably the only one i can post at the lyrics criticque section

so, do i qualify? :-[

*i'm actually planning to continue this on my own, since it's becoming a habit

Hey

Well done you! As you say I think it's good to continue which is one of the main points of the exercise. I'm looking forward to reading the one you wrote in English.

Now can you write 21 in 31 in English? :P Just kidding :)

Cheers

John