So yeah, my name is Mark and I'm new here. I stumbled upon this site as I was looking to find collaborators, mainly lyricists to put words to some of my songs. I've had some success in the industry with some of my songs, but I'm always looking for more.
For the rest of my introduction I'll take to this questionnaire that was posted on this form. Here goes.
1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? I sing, and play guitar, bass, and keyboards.
i just told you.
When did you start playing?
When I was around age 10 or so.
Did you teach yourself? Yes and No
2. Are you in a band or bands?
What is the name of the band?
Current Bands: Salton Sea
Pistols At Ten Paces Past Bands: The Waking Hours
We Know, Plato!
Key And The Crook
Edison Gower What do you play?
Again, I just told you. See question #1. What other instruments are in the band?
Typical rock band instruments.
Do you have a band website? No official sites, just Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Facebook, etc.
3. Do you write songs? Yes!
Do you write lyrics, music or both?
Mainly music but when forced I can come up with a lyric or two but it's not my forte.
Do you have a writing partner? Yes and No. Depends on the band.
4. Do you record your music? Yes!
Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes! I use Pro Tools, Universal Audio Apollo Twin, Apex 207D, Lots of pedals and virtual plugins and instruments, KRK V4 monitors.
Do you use a recording studio? Sometimes.
Do you have music available on the web? if so where?
Yes! Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Facebook, YouTube, Etc.
5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?
I guess I sort of do PR, manage, recording engineer, producer, publisher. You sort of have to when you are a smaller act.
6. Are you a tech head?
Not really. Enough to get by I suppose.
7. What country do you live in? United States
8. What are your ambitions? To be able to make a living doing just music related things and not having to work a stupid day job.
9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Just music and working 2 day jobs. No time for much else.
What are your pastimes? Music, record/vinyl collecting, hiking, going on night drives into the darkness and seeing where i end up.
10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? At the very least, a lyricists!