Your Ad Could Be Here

Songwriting Advice

• 1 year later...
  • Noob
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey john!

This is a great post and it helped me refresh things i already knew and learn those that were new for me.

thanks a lot!

as you are kind of professional in the music buissenes, could you take a look at my originals and maybe even comment on them?

It would really be useful for me to improve the lyrics with some help from outside. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hey XxandraX...

Glad you found it useful. Feel free to post up your lyrics in teh lyrics critique board and i'll have a look. Send me a PM to let me know what your topic is and when posted. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Great articles here. It's tough to find solid songwriting tips/advice, but this does the trick!...

Hello I'm Ben, You can go to my site , I've been writing for many years, it's just some basic stuff.

You can get caught up into to much info at once.

http://songwritingst...ngstarts.com/�� This can can give you some basics.

I will be posting more in the future

www.nashvillecalifornia.com/beta You can hear alot of my songs, Though were still working on the site at the moment.

After looking around here more looks like there's some good songwriter's

Yeah thats some good stuff Jon, have to brush up ,always good to study a few hours before you wake up the muse , she's always elusive anyway.

Edited by nashvillecal

• 1 month later...

I promote riffs/music writing based on James Hetfield's guitar technique ;] Just look at my youtube's channel titled SZABLO;] cheers or click

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rudi, all fixed now :)

• 1 month later...

How's that Jim?

That's like saying if you don't get put in a famous gallery then painting is a waste. People love to do things that lets them express feelings and emotions without necessarily making cash from it. If you get a publisher and or get signed up, then surely that would be the icing on the cake :-)

Chris, wtf audio

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Great share!

Everything you need to know to be a successful songwriter is right in front of you. If you study successful songs and instrumentals and use them as a guide, you'll break through.  Don't just listen. Study and analyze! 

Song structure, Lyrics, Chord progression, Melody, the vocal. Notice the singer's attitude, mood, and personality.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks John,

a lot to read. *cool*

Cheers Helmut

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You’ll find most of those in our site Amazon shop. loads of good reading there.

It reminds me, it really is about time I updated the reading list links from my first topic!