Your Ad Could Be Here

Roll Call - Introduce yourself and say hello

Hi

Just add a brief message to introduce yourself to the other board members!

Me? I run Songstuff, play several instruments, write songs in various styles, have a technical background, and I live in Scotland.

Welcome Aboard!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

I'm Alistair McIntosh (aka The Beast of Farlington when there's a full moon), I play gee-tar, I write my own songs (see web-link below if you want to hear some of them) and live near York, UK.

(This is a bit like 'Float On' by The Floaters, isn't it? "Hi, I'm Carl and I'm a Libra. I like a girl whose got really.....")

(I use a lot of (brackets))

Hi, my name is Tom also. (AKA-ATom2)

I am a keyboard player and have played live for over 25 years. I have been recording in my home studio for about 4 years. I also sing.

I have 3 kids. One is now a registered nurse, and the other two still live at home. I have a wife named Tammy who I share with some guy named Steve.

I live in the upper central part of the US in the state of Wisconsin.  My real world job is: Machine operator in a  catolog paper making facility.

My favorite (thats favourite to you people that wear out the "u" key) color is blue.

My lucky number is 8 2/3s.

I give it an 89 cause it's easy to dance to.

Tom

I'm Steve.  I live in a daze most of the time trying to make it with other guys wives.

My favourite (thats favorite for those that have bastardised a great language) number is in the upper central state of Wisconsin. My mother said I was a grudge baby and my musical talent was inherited from one of my fathers!

My favorite (thats favourite to you people that wear out the "u" key) color is blue.

Do you mean 'colour'?  ;)

Howdy,

Rude the Dude here. I make flying visits here, between polishing my 6 pack, and topping up my tan and signing autographs. I may be too stupid to record my songs or put up a web page, but on the other hand Im only permitted to wear shorts in the wintertime.

I produced my 1st computer tune in amiga-basic. My career has been winding down ever since. I play in a 7 piece soul / ska / misc band in Hampshire UK called Blown Out  [smiley=imu2.gif]

I am Olggu (Olavi) and I am evil little bro of H.H:s. I have been working in metal industries for 25 years, but now I am back in the school to learn a new trade. I have notorious habit to brutalise innocent bass-guitars, and I can't get even one clean note out of it.  My mission in life is encourage my useless and out of work bro to get something useful to do , and I use blowtorch to do that as you maybe have noticed...My real hobby is PC-computers, which I know just about anything there is to know, and that is the trade which I am studying/teaching in school. I have endless supply of weird exotic recipes, and I love good tequila...sometimes with good cigar...I live in Helsinki-City so english isn't my  native language, but it is language of the trade so I try to learn some more  ::):o;D8)

Hi! My name is Marc. I live in Quebec, Canada. Between this "word" and the "next", at least 5 minutes passed, trying to find what to say. This is where I am most of the time, in a world in between ours and somewhere else, lost in thought. Maybe that's why I feel attracted to music; it's an occasion for me to be on the beat.

Hi,

My name is Colin Lazzerini. I was born in London but now live in Vancouver BC as a perpetual student on the lifetime Lazzerini teach-yourself-arranging course.

An obstinately autodidactic musician-writer and opportunistic adventurer who will do pretty much anything for money to keep the creative side alive, I have consequently accumulated a patchy career history covering drug-dealing, mining, tree-planting, teaching, a UN consultancy, concept-design and communications, the founding and management of a hot legendary and impossibly large touring jazz ensemble during the '80s, and the production of a handful of recordings and events from which I derive intense pride and pleasure.

I am an aging bastard who still has lots to do and learn, and now mainly use a keyboard for effective heuristic purposes but don't play anything in public because I have the privilege of working with some heavy real players so in truth there wouldn't be much point.

With their help, after years of sweating, I finally figured out how to write beautiful songs that I like a great deal but no-one else seems particularly interested in yet.

This is a source of great amusement in light of a previous life where I was derivative, unoriginal and nakedly plagiaristic yet gigging much more frequently and with some small success.

Just returned from another short carney lifestyle stint selling exotic baubles and pretties to an unsuspecting public at festivals and country fairs around western Canada, and am back throwing myself into the struggle of keeping an art-music label afloat, finding out ways to get a recently finished musical into the development and performance stages, plugging away at a novel, and raising money for a business venture that could just possibly make everything else work a little easier.

I also regularly do convincing impersonations of a headless chicken.

Oh yes - I have recently been contacted by a daughter whose mother I abandoned over 35 years ago.

We meet next month.

Exciting prospects.

Lazz

Yo

Thanks, Steve.

Got that one on my list already and can complete all the entry requirements except a CD (of songs and/or the score). Not enough time to meet the deadline maybe, so planning on submitting next year.

Lazz

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DD ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..... :'(

Eh? Must moderate, must moderate... [John]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DD ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..... :'(

Eh? Must moderate, must moderate... [John]

This means " I thought HH's last post was very, very, very, very funny and laughed til I cried"

• 2 weeks later...
FIRSTLY: Wellcome to SongStuff! HERE You may find partners, chatting buddies (men/female) or what ever YOU may seek, we are a friendly bunch consisting I think mostly of musicians, lyricists, the Odd Poet called Nigel (soorrey Mr. Nigel!),others poets and writers of lyrics, too, composers, computer-freakz, music-freakz, amateurs, professionals, actually the whole "laa-de-dah" spectrum of serious/not so serious people with one common thing that ties them together : MUSIC, be it writing, playing, composing, producing...etc. Here's a surprisingly wide range of people who find this place informative, educational, or just plain ol' FUN to visit for latest chat, gear-rewiews, whatever you like the "menu" here is pretty wide, allthough the "CHAT" department has risen above others in numbers of postings.... the contents ARE funny/interestink/whatever, but it's only a part of the whole site, so TAKE a GOOD look around!

Anyway, chat IZ mostly FUN...haaahhhhahhhhhhee

ehhhhööööhhhHkkH! Khm.

Anyway the MAY be something of fun in there, IF you're patient enough to run through ALL the postings from day 1  all the way up till now.... ;)

... and at the bottom of The Pit ... the site "looney" H.H.  ;)

Happy DAZE!  ;D

PS: Isn't the Canadian currency allso called "loonie" or "loony" or something like that? Hmmm? Sounds just like HOME! ;)

Are you back now H...?