Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Guitar, vocals, Axiom 25, FL studio

When did you start playing? On and off since I was 10 so, 13 years

Did you teach yourself? My dad showed me a lot, he was a huge metal head in the late 80s, early 90s

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes

What is the name of the band? Solo acoustic - Anxious Optimist + 2 band/side projects

What do you play? As AO I do everything. Play acoustic guitar in side project and trying to learn bass to start a band

What other instruments are in the band? AO is mostly an acoustic guitar and vocals. When I have the money I'd like to add some other layers.

Do you have a band website? No :(

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? When not doing AO, it's all collabarative

4. Do you record your music?         I did, waiting for my microphone to get sent back here        

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?         Um not  a studio. Just a laptop, a snowball mic, my guitar, and vocals.in AO, no recordings of side projects yet                

Do you use a recording studio? Never had the chance. Yet..

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?  Not at the moment  

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?     I have produced hip hop beats and mastered/eq'd vocals and mixes

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?   No

6. Are you a tech head?  Absolutely. 

7. What country do you live in?     US

8. What are your ambitions? To make music and one day own a big ass record/book store with a venue and bar in the basement,

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I doodle but have never been a great drawer. I enjoying writing songs, poems, short stories, etc.

What are your pastimes? Music, Xbox, Herbal medication

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I would like to get perspective and insight on others creative process as well as improve my own songwriting.

• Like 1

What instruments? guitar, keyboard (sloppy amateur without hope)

When did you start playing? In the mid-90s

Did you teach yourself? yes (and with help of tabs from song books)

2. Are you in a band or bands? No :(

3. Do you write songs? Yes, sir!

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Usually both

Do you have a writing partner? Not yet

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? No home studio, just a regular pc with a standard onboard soundcard - you can imagine the recording quality sucks ;)

Do you use a recording studio? No, would be a waste of money since I'm a sloppy player and I would need musicians that know how to play their instrument

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Several places, I try to gather everything on my own small (cheap rubbish) website www.songwriter-aj.de.ki, but please feel free to jump right to my Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/andyja-1

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? The what?!?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? lol?!? :)

6. Are you a tech head? Nope

7. What country do you live in? Boring old Germany

8. What are your ambitions? Find fellow musicians to bring my songs to life

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Barely ...

What are your pastimes? Sports, films, tv shows, games - guess I'm the typical "multimedia guy" ...

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Someone to create music with, but not wasting any thoughts on become the next best superstar, just focussing on creating beautiful music (= first things first) - and anything else can be talked/dreamed about later ;)

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

What instruments? expert at Drums Bass Guitar .. competant at Keys.

When did you start playing? 13 .. a tender age.. blame it on puberty !

Did you teach yourself?   everything teaches you,, but mostly...everything

2. Are you in a band or bands?

What is the name of the band?   Orange Jules ... solo

What do you play? everything on the album ...

What other instruments are in the band?  Shmoozaphone... ( pinch your nose & hummm ) the technique involves resonant cavities in the sinus..  when your eyes roll back into your head.. you're getting it right.

Do you have a band website?  

https://www.youtube.com/user/0orangejules

https://www.youtube.com/user/excelmusicstudio

3. Do you write songs?  tons & tons ... in metrics thats tonnes.

Do you write lyrics, music or both?  Yes & yes & yes ..

Do you have a writing partner?  ... recently dumped that lazy arse putz. so ,, no.

4. Do you record your music?  heaps .... lots.. much many ,, pural of that.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?    ... yes.. it's got everything ,, I can't open the door anymore.  all bases covered.. guaranteed.

Do you use a recording studio? ,,,,,nope

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?  

https://www.youtube.com/user/excelmusicstudio

https://www.youtube.com/user/0orangejules

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?  a history lesson is in order here..

everything from event organiser to running songwirters night. record producing , live gigs at festivals & covers gigs at parties.. Ummm. there's more but I forgot.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

6. Are you a tech head? ....unfortunately ,, I spend more time on the other side of the mixing board reading manuals & Programming modules..running cables & fault finding..  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaach.. let me out.!

7. What country do you live in?   australia...  it's backwater folks.. I'm frustrated..

8. What are your ambitions?   survive .... bloom grow ... create .. love life & eat home grown tomatoes. finish 500 songs waiting to be realised.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

oh gawd . yeah .. too much..all of the above , plus cartooning. half my life is music , the other half is art,, the remainder is mostly music & art.

What are your pastimes?   hang gliding when it's on .. & not hang gliding when it's not on.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? ... friends.. soul mates.. chums... brothers.. inspiration ... gigs!

I think that covers the main musical things!   yer ,, did ya get a laugh ?

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Sing and play guitar

What instruments? Gtr

When did you start playing? Singing age 4 playing guitar 15:)

Did you teach yourself? Took lessons at first

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes original band:Jade Green acoustic duo cover band: Ian & Chastity

What is the name of the band? Oops answered prematurely...see above

What do you play? My original music is pop/rock/indie with a little twist of folk

What other instruments are in the band? Simple:) Drums, bass, guitar

Do you have a band website? Kinda. Just completed first record. Looking for new members...
But http://www.soundcloud.com/jadesgreen has music posted

Do you have a writing partner? No, but my bf and I play music together. he helps a lot with producing when it's time to record.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Home studio. Pro tools. My bf is kinda a gear slut...sorry if that sounds weird.

Do you use a recording studio? Si

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? http://www.soundcloud.com/jadesgreen

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Just an entertainer for whoever hires me to sing...

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None

6. Are you a tech head? Not

7. What country do you live in? US

8. What are your ambitions? I just want to be able to play my original music out:/

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I dance

What are your pastimes? I've been playing music my whole life. I do it everyday. It's like eating for me....and I love to eat food lots.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Just trying to get my original music heard:)

Edited by tunesmithth
switched links to live format
  • Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? - Yes 

What instruments? - Guitar 

When did you start playing? - 1998 

Did you teach yourself? - Yes 

What is the name of the band? - VKRAYST

What do you play? - Grunge, Punk, Pop, Metal, Rock'n'Roll

What other instruments are in the band? - Drums. (Need bass by the way!)

Do you have a band website? - http://vkrayst.com/

3. Do you write songs? -Yes 

Do you write lyrics, music or both? - Both 

Do you have a writing partner? - No 

4. Do you record your music? - Yes 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? - No 

Do you use a recording studio? - Yes 

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? -  http://www.reverbnation.com/vkrayst

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? - Management, Publishing, Promotion 

6. Are you a tech head? - No 

7. What country do you live in? - United States 

8. What are your ambitions? - To be better 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? - Love Art and have experience in Photography 

What are your pastimes? - 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? - Friends, Fans, information about other musicians etc.

post-13610-0-98176000-1370074066_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Noob

yes, singing and guitar

I used to be in a band , but for now im solo.

3. What do you play?

all kinds of music , usually rock : alternative ,grunge and etc. 

3. Do you write songs? -Yes 

Do you write lyrics, music or both? - Both 

Do you have a writing partner? - No 

4. Do you record your music?  -  Im learning how to record in home but for now i dont record my music.

6. Are you a tech head? - No 

7. What country do you live in? - Israel 

8. What are your ambitions? - To be better at the things i love and make my dreams come true. 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? -  I love all kinds of art , im also video editor and cameraman.  

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Friends, Fans, knowledge , information , tips and so on.

• Like 1

• Noob

I started learning guitar at 20 years old, always intuitive, playing what sounded good, with little technical,

At first formed a band in the garage of my house, after a few years just broke up and follow as a hobby

3. Do you write songs?

I write melodies whith my guitar, then i try the lyrics

4. Do you record your music?

I do home recording just for demos

I live in México citty

8. What are your ambitions?

On music, at te begining just to have a feed back, i have a lot of songs, i just started to bring it out like a demo in a basic home recording
9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I´m a industrial and graphic designer, i´m an old surfer since i growth on a pacific ocean citty

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

Feed back, looking in a community to help my self to find the distance betwen my feet and the ground (musically speaking)

My first "You Tube" up loaded song (Forgive my disastrous English pronunciation :

http://youtu.be/fsUzdjtOJ48

Best regards

Carlos

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes, and many.

What instruments? Drums, Guitar, Piano, Harmonica, and Bass Guitar

When did you start playing? Piano when I was young, my mom was a piano teacher so it was required in our home.

Did you teach yourself? I taught myself all of the other instruments.

2. Are you in a band or bands? I was, for almost seven years.

What is the name of the band? Days of the Weak

What do you play? I played the Drums.

What other instruments are in the band? Two guitarists, Bass, Keyboard.

Do you have a band website? Not anymore.

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? I used to. I moved away from my cousin who owns recording equipment.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I used adobes sound recording software back in the day.

Do you use a recording studio?

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? For a while I recorded a lot of local bands.

6. Are you a tech head? No

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? To be a successful songwriter.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Yes, I am an avid photographer and short story writer.

What are your pastimes? Recently I had a daughter so I enjoy playing my guitar for her. She seems to love it.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Great feedback on lyrics I am writing.

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? Guitar

When did you start playing? about 11 years old.. 6 years ago

Did you teach yourself? took some lessons. taught myself mostly though.

no

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both

Do you have a writing partner? no

a little bit

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?  digitech rp255, audacity

Do you use a recording studio? no

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? no

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? none

6. Are you a tech head?
no
7. What country do you live in?
USA

I draw

share my lyrics and get feedback

• Like 1

• Noob

yep

What instruments?
I sing, play the autoharp and violin. I also play the mandolin, banjo and some percussion, but not up to the standards of my vocals etc.

When did you start playing?
started singing when I was very young, too young to remember. learnt the violin when I was about 7 and have recently started taking lessons after a break for a few years.

Did you teach yourself?
I taught myself largely how to sing, I didn't take lessons till my last few years of highschool. I have lessons with violin, but with nothing else.

yep

What is the name of the band?
Griffschen

What do you play?
I sing and play autoharp when necessary

What other instruments are in the band?
Guitar and bass

http://www.griffschen.com but the site hasn't been finished yet, my friend disappeared.

3. Do you write songs?
yes.

Do you write lyrics, music or both?
both

Do you have a writing partner?
no, but would like to have for certain projects.

yes.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?
no, record with someone who knows what he's doing.

yep

on youtube. channel name is Griffschen.

none...

no.

6. Are you a tech head?
nooooooo lol

Australia, but I will be moving to Sweden perminently soon.

Write what I love, write truely, write with a passion, my experience and my feelings toward things I care about. To always retain my artistic integrity. colabourate with Nordic musicians. go to lots of festivals, be who I am.

I write sometimes, but give up before I get anywhere.

What are your pastimes?
I learn languages, I can speak 5 and am learning my 6th. I travel, read, play chess and study community services. I do volunteer work for a youth organisation. I also have my own radio show on community radio here in my area.

Friends, connections, ideas, inspiration, whatever happens happens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sing and play acoustic guitar, self-taught. I started playing guitar when I was 18, and I've been singing since I came out of the womb.

I'm not a band. I'll consider myself a one-lady band. I call myself LadyBird; I tend to whistle a lot. I play acoustic guitar. No website. Baby steps.

3. Do you write songs?

I wouldn't say I write lyrics, they sort of flow from my brain uncontrollably and I have to catch them with a pen before they disappear. I have some trouble with music writing. My main passions are writing and singing, the melody is less important to me.

On a long drive if a beautiful song starts to pour out of my mind I use the sound recording feature of my smartphone to capture it. Other than that I don't record my music yet. Baby steps.

I've designed album covers for unsigned bands, and photographed live performances.

I live in the United States of McDonalds

To find happiness through creative expression, as a living

All of these things and more. I thrive off of all forms of creative expression.

Edited by LadyBird
  • Like 1

• Noob

Awesome layout for an introduction!  (my first post btw)

What instruments?
Guitar, Piano, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Singer

When did you start playing?
I'm currently 23 years old.
I started playing the trombone around the age of 10 years old (5th grade).  I absolutely fell in love with music composition after my first school band concert.  
I then took piano lessons from about age 11 till I was 16.  Though the lessons stopped i still play piano/keys regularly.  

Guitar (my forte) I started playing when i was 14.  Good ol' $99 black electric Ibanez for a Christmas gift haha  Guitar is what really made me the musician I am today and why I listen to the music that I do listen to nowadays.
I've been singing in choir since I was 15.  Along with auditioning and participating in county and regional chorus.  When I was 17  
Trumpet and Violin I took up in the same week of my Junior year of high school. (age 16 1/2) When i was already playing trombone for marching band (200+ were in my marching band) at the time, my school's orchestra/concert band instructor asked me to play trombone for concert band due to lack of low brass, and I agreed.  He then needed a trumpet player for orchestra and I said I would learn, which in turn he gave me lessons on certain days after school.  A couple weeks after the lessons started I asked if he could teach me the violin.  So he did.  By the beginning of my senior year of high school I was actively participating in Orchestra as a violinist and trumpeter.

Did you teach yourself?
The only Instrument I taught myself was Guitar.  Started at age 14 with tab writing when I wrote or learned songs but then took guitar classes for two months when i was 19 in order to get used to sight reading and writing notation.
I use to be in multiple bands.  Mainly played lead guitar and backup vocals.  Now i usually just play/write solo

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both?
Both

Do you have a writing partner?
I like to have writing/jam sessions with local musicians.
Though i don't have a commitment with anyone right now.

Occasionally.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?
Yes,  I use Logic Pro 8 and Pro Tools LE for software/DAW's
I use a simple M-Audio Fast Track Ultra USB 2.0 Audio Interface and have a couple mics I routinely use such as a MXL 190 condenser,  AKG Perception 420 condenser, and a couple SM 57's.  I also use Alesis M1Active 520 USB Studio Monitors and Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones.  I work on my Apple OSX Mac Book Pro and Windows 8 HP laptops.

Just my home studio.
Not at the moment.

I have my associates degree in Recording Arts from Full Sail University.  Currently work as a freelance audio engineer for local talent for side cash.

6. Are you a tech head?
Of course.

U.S. of A

To have music in and part of my life till I expire.

Unfortunately I lack the visual art perspective :(  but I love the subject.  I write poetry along with my lyrics.  So I guess that's similar to stories.

Meet and get to know artistic people that I didn't know before and to put some of my material out there to other artists. Plus share ideas and critique with other members on Songstuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What instruments? I want to learn acoustic gituar. But I need to save some money for that. 
Sometimes I sing... spend couple of years in a karaoke most of my weekends. But for now it's in the shower or on singstar.

I do not really have a good voice :P

When did you start playing? Haven't started

Did you teach yourself? I want to teach it myself yes

I'm not in a band

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I've began writing this week. Or at least trying :)

Do you have a writing partner? Nope, I do it myself

Once I've started the guitar playing and I've practiced enough I'm concidering to record it than.
But that will take some time :P

Nothing really

6. Are you a tech head?
Not really

Belgium

Getting better in writing.
Learning to play the guitar and hopefully get my songs out in the world in whatever way it will be.

I've been writing stories when I was younger. But it's in Dutch.
And didn't that for quite a while...
Dancing... When I go out and I've drank to much :P
I love to take pictures. Not a pro in it, but it's a joyfull waste of time :)

What are your pastimes?
Writing, photography, going out with friends, listening to music, going to concerts

Reading other persons stuff and learning from it.
And getting some responses on my lyrics... Because friends opinions are not always that thrutfull as strangers ;)
And ofcourse meeting new poeple :)

• Like 1

• Noob

Just do lounge type stuff at smalls gigs with my brother.

No

3. Do you write songs?

I write lyrics with melodies.

No. Just have some old demos

None

6. Are you a tech head?

No

USA

To collaborate with others and produce hit songs

Used to draw a lot, simply into writing now, songs, thoughts, blogs etc.

Grow as a writer, working friendships and hopefully successful collaborations.

• Like 2

• Noob

Hello!  I'm looking forward to working with y'all!!

What instruments? Fretted and Fretless Bass Guitar

When did you start playing? 2003

Did you teach yourself? Mostly self taught, but I've had a few teachers along the way.

2. Are you in a band or bands? I'm a freelance bassist, so I play for a lot of people.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? just Music

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?   Yes! I use a PreSonus FireBox with my collection of preamps and FX

Do you use a recording studio? Not really affilliated currently.

Do you have music available on the web?   www.matthewheathharper.com

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Live Audio Engineer, Lighting Designer and Programmer, Band Leader

6. Are you a tech head? Heck YEAH! I love Basses and all the gear that goes with them!

7. What country do you live in?  USA! USA! USA!

8. What are your ambitions?  To make a living playing and recording music.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Not really

What are your pastimes? Hanging with my Wife, and Bass.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?  I would like to help singers and songwriters create recordings we are all proud of!

• Like 2

Yes

What instruments? Guitar, Bass, 

When did you start playing? Roughly six years ago.

Did you teach yourself? Every step of the way (still stepping)

No

What is the name of the band? N/A

What do you play? N/A

What other instruments are in the band? N/A

Do you have a band website? N/A

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Yes

No

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? No

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? No

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None

6. Are you a tech head? 

Yes

USA

Havent quite figured that out yet.

Yes, I paint, Write stories, and other weird art. 

What are your pastimes?

Playing guitar, working with and on computers, TV/Movies/Books/VideoGames.... the usual

I would like to meet other writers and to grow as a writer and musician.

• Like 1

I sing a bit and play a little bit of piano, I can't really write music just lyrics, which is a form of therapy for me.

No

3. Do you write songs?

Just lyrics, I'm open to writing with others but its mostly by myself. 

I just use a recording program on my computer if I feel like recording something I sing but not very often.

None

6. Are you a tech head?

No

USA

To hear a song I wrote and/or sang on the radio or a CD

I do all of the above and more, I don't really dance just do it for fun

Hoping to find someone to work with on music, maybe make a few friends and help others with their songs.

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments? I sing and I can play the piano 

When did you start playing? Really early like 3 or 4

Did you teach yourself? I taught myself to sing but I got piano lessons

2. Are you in a band or bands? nope

3. Do you write songs?

I write just the vocal lines, then I figure out basic piano chords and thats it. 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I use an AT4040 microphone through a Scarlett 2i2. I also sometimes use the SM58

Do you use a recording studio? nope

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? I'll probably post some on here.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? none

6. Are you a tech head? not sure what this means lol

7. What country do you live in? usa

8. What are your ambitions? make it big

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? i can draw and do computer art.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? dunno really

• Like 1

• Noob

I am Del

I only sing to myself when writing my homemade songs. I don't play instruments, but willing to learn. if I did it would be keyboards or some homemade computerized contraption. I love sound anything with a beat. I have a thing for music that stirs emotion.  I listen to Funk, all Fusions, Old R&B, Folk/Singer Songwriter, and anything from the 60's until tomorrow. I understand Music theory however never really learned to read sheet music.

I played bass drum in high school. I have hung around Garage bands most of my life. I lugged the gear and fixed the cables mostly.

I write what I would like to think are lyrics. Most people would call it poetry if one were to read my writings right from the page. I want to learn to write lyrics for songs. I've never had a partner. I am open to anything that will help me advance. I create something nearly daily there is just no form or function
4. I have never been on the inside of a recording studio. I haven't experienced recording but I am sure that will come at some point.

5. Not in the music field ex-Army currently a government employee.
6. I can repair some audio cables

7. I live in the US, Texas, Dallas. Originally from Alabama
8. I would like to become a great song writer/Artist

9. I create things. Things like lamps, art, jewelry, comedic characters, I also enjoy information overload from the internet.
10. I would like learn to use what could possibly be a gift of writing.

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 1

• Noob
unlock_cww_kickoff.png

trans.png

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?                  Yes

What instruments?  Guitar, little keys

When did you start playing? 14/15

Did you teach yourself? pretty much

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

What other instruments are in the band?

Do you have a writing partner? Not yet, but who knows

Do you use a home studio? Yes

If so what gear do you use? Focusrite Pro 24, Macbook Pro, Logix X, SE Titan, Gretsch Acoustic, Tannoy Reveals, Studio Projects VTB1

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? http://soundcloud.kirbyhowarth.com

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None really

6. Are you a tech head? â€‹Maybe a little

7. What country do you live in? UK

8. What are your ambitions?  A little musical recognition?

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Yep, some

What are your pastimes? Kite flying, my Kids :)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? â€‹Hmmm... contentment, with a little happiness thrown in ;)

I think that covers the main musical things! â€‹That's good then :)

• Like 1