john

Getting To Know You

461 posts in this topic

Hi
 
I am a first time songwriter, I entered the Lyrics only category of the UK Song writing competition 2016 and was awarded as a Semi-Finalist in the Lyrics category.
 
This is my first song I have written and feel I have done well also I had a recording studio record the music to my melody and the outcome of this demo I feel very proud of.
 
I would classify this song as a Ballad.
 
I currently live in the UK.
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 5:34 PM, Droopy2017 said:
Hi
 
I am a first time songwriter, I entered the Lyrics only category of the UK Song writing competition 2016 and was awarded as a Semi-Finalist in the Lyrics category.
 
This is my first song I have written and feel I have done well also I had a recording studio record the music to my melody and the outcome of this demo I feel very proud of.
 
I would classify this song as a Ballad.
 
I currently live in the UK.

Hi Droopy1017, may I ask the name of the lyrics only competition that you joined? Sounds really interesting. Maybe some from here would want to try that out. [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I almost forgot. This is the introductory thread. Anyway, my real name in same as my user one here and am an aspiring songwriter. Have written quite a couple number of songs. Mostly in my current, what should be my native tongue, but isn't. 

 

It's nice to have joined the community and am looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new people. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

I play guitar, piano and I don't sing much (what everybody should appreciate :-) )

2. Are you in a band or bands?

Primarily I'm solo jazz guitarist, so I'm my band :-)

My main site is https://www.facebook.com/pavel.jung.jazz

Some jazz standards recording is e.g. here

3. Do you write songs?

Yes, I do.

4. Do you record your music?

Yes, I record music in my home studio. Not professional but good enough for most of the things I need.

Recently I finished a piano album 'Songs Of Winter' which can be found here:

https://paveljung.bandcamp.com/album/songs-of-winter

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

No other roles

6. Are you a tech head?

Yes, kind of :-)

7. What country do you live in?

Czech republic

8. What are your ambitions?

To compose and play music (at least some) people like

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I draw time to time, no real art, just for fun

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

To get in touch with other musicians, learn from them, hear what they recorded and also to share my work

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

my Name is Hans. Creator of ChaQuaa

 

 

 

 

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

 

What instruments? not at all

 

When did you start playing?

 

Did you teach yourself?

 

2. Are you in a band or bands?

 

What is the name of the band? no

 

What do you play?

 

What other instruments are in the band?

 

Do you have a band website?

 

3. Do you write songs?

 

Do you write lyrics, music or both? yes i write 

 

Do you have a writing partner? with Partners

 

4. Do you record your music?

 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

 

Do you use a recording studio? yes

 

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

 

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

 

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?   Management, Consulting

 

6. Are you a tech head?    no

 

7. What country do you live in?    Germany and Bali/Indonesia

 

8. What are your ambitions?  Creative

 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?    no

 

What are your pastimes?  Company Music - "Dior Forever", "Come in and find out"

"Hold on", Soultrain

 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?       Music for the World

 

I think that covers the main musical things!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2017 at 9:39 PM, Sonny said:

Oh, I almost forgot. This is the introductory thread. Anyway, my real name in same as my user one here and am an aspiring songwriter. Have written quite a couple number of songs. Mostly in my current, what should be my native tongue, but isn't. 

 

It's nice to have joined the community and am looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new people. 

Welcome Sonny, I'm new here also, still learning the ropes and loops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

 

What instruments? Guitar, Bass, Drums, piano

 

When did you start playing? 12 Years old

 

Did you teach yourself? Yes and No

 

2. Are you in a band or bands?

 

What is the name of the band? The Aly Rae Patmore Trio

 

What do you play?Guitar

 

What other instruments are in the band? Double Bass, Vocals

 

Do you have a band website? - 

 

3. Do you write songs? yes

 

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

 

Do you have a writing partner?No

 

4. Do you record your music? Yes

 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Lots of gear, check the website.. https://www.reeltoreelstudios.com

 

Do you use a recording studio?Yes

 

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7Ul2BBn70

 

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

 

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Mix and Master Engineer, Studio Owner

 

6. Are you a tech head? Yes

 

7. What country do you live in? Australia

 

8. What are your ambitions? Making great records

 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? not really

 

What are your pastimes? Fishing

 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Meeting great songwriters to work with.

 

I think that covers the main musical things!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 8:01 PM, Zarven Kara said:

 

 

 

 

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

 

What instruments? Guitar, Bass, Drums, piano

 

When did you start playing? 12 Years old

 

Did you teach yourself? Yes and No

 

2. Are you in a band or bands?

 

What is the name of the band? The Aly Rae Patmore Trio

 

What do you play?Guitar

 

What other instruments are in the band? Double Bass, Vocals

 

Do you have a band website? - 

 

3. Do you write songs? yes

 

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

 

Do you have a writing partner?No

 

4. Do you record your music? Yes

 

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Lots of gear, check the website.. https://www.reeltoreelstudios.com

 

Do you use a recording studio?Yes

 

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7Ul2BBn70

 

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

 

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Mix and Master Engineer, Studio Owner

 

6. Are you a tech head? Yes

 

7. What country do you live in? Australia

 

8. What are your ambitions? Making great records

 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? not really

 

What are your pastimes? Fishing

 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Meeting great songwriters to work with.

 

I think that covers the main musical things!

Hi and welcome to the site. I write lyrics different genre's, I've been writing for some time, I've come to the conclusion without a voice to sing and no musical instrument playing or talent of that sort, as a lyric writer, I'm pretty much washed up, when I get that low discouraged I'm ready to give up, but still have that drive, I'm practicing singing lessons, but who knows what the future holds. Maybe it's time to stop and realize I'm getting no where fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Summer Days said:

Hi and welcome to the site. I write lyrics different genre's, I've been writing for some time, I've come to the conclusion without a voice to sing and no musical instrument playing or talent of that sort, as a lyric writer, I'm pretty much washed up, when I get that low discouraged I'm ready to give up, but still have that drive, I'm practicing singing lessons, but who knows what the future holds. Maybe it's time to stop and realize I'm getting no where fast.

Listen just writing lyrics is a good way to make money in the music business. I know from experience. Give yourself a chance. It just means you have to think outside the box. You can do anything you want, there is always a way. I am doing a requested submission for Sony as we speak and I only write lyrics, not kidding. There is always a way. Don't give up if you love what you do. I believe in you.🦋

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? 

 

I've been teaching myself piano for 2 years. I wish I could sing >_>

 

2. Are you in a band or bands?

 

No, but I collaborate with people very frequently.

 

3. Do you write songs?

 

I write music only. Attempts at lyrics have usually gone badly or ended up just turning into poetry without music.

 

4. Do you record your music?

 

Indeed I do, at home on my laptop with a ProSound microphone and Logic Pro X. My music is available on my website!: l-flux.com

 

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

 

I have produced songs that my friends had already written themselves in the past.

 

6. Are you a tech head?

 

I'm probably thick, but I don't really understand this question lol. I think it's asking if you are really into tech? In which case yes! Yes I am.

 

7. What country do you live in?

 

England.

 

8. What are your ambitions?

 

Would love to write music for games and films at some point. Releasing albums someday would also be awesome.

 

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

 

I do photography/photo manipulation and write poetry.

 

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

 
I'd like to improve through critique from others and by critiquing others' work. Giving other people feedback on their work sounds quite fun and exciting to me.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello my name is Dennis.  I play keyboards and try to sing at times.  I do write original music and songs.  Since 2006 music comes to my head and I try to reproduce what I hear live.  Most of my music is spontaneous and live.  Started playing piano at 3 or 4 years old.  Joined a band at 18 for a couple of years then worked in a music store.  Went back to college and stopped playing for many years to make a career.  Started back into music seriously in 2006 and a couple of years ago started writing.  Currently working in a hospital and have for years.  Hoping music can help me retire so I can work from home with my music.   If possible?  My music is on soundcloud and you can search by typing in doccrax.  I am also on you tube.  have recently hired Tunecore.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.