Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? yes

What instruments? guitar, piano, my voice

When did you start playing? guitar: when I was in 5th grade; piano: when I was in 2nd grade, I played for a few years then stopped and i got into it last summer; voice: since before I could talk

Did you teach yourself? I taught myself guitar and vocals, but in vocals I have some legit training.

2. Are you in a band or bands? nope, but I'm in chorus :)

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

What other instruments are in the band?

Do you have a band website?

3. Do you write songs? yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both

Do you have a writing partner? nope

4. Do you record your music? nope

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Do you use a recording studio?

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? none lol

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

6. Are you a tech head? nope, I'm technologically challenged

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? I want to major in music in college and try to make it in Nashville

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I used to

What are your pastimes?

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I would like to get critiqued on my songwriting and learn more about the music business

I think that covers the main musical things!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes, I do

What instruments? Electric guitar and I dabble in bass occasionally

When did you start playing? In early August of 2008

Did you teach yourself? Yeah, pretty much. Just online resources and self-study

2. Are you in a band or bands? Not yet

What is the name of the band? n/a

What do you play? I'd like to start an instrumental / post-rock band

What other instruments are in the band? n/a

Do you have a band website? n/a

3. Do you write songs? In my head- not on paper ( I can't read or write sheet music)

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Just music. I'm an instrumentalist

Do you have a writing partner? Nope

4. Do you record your music? Some of it

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? No studio. I use my video camera and sometimes Audacity hehe

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes, on Youtube. www.youtube.com/wayneguitar84

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None

6. Are you a tech head? Not really

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? Hmm.. there's no short way to answer this. Even though I know most people consider instrumental music "unmarketable" and unsuitable for mainstream radio play I find it very enjoyable. Ever since the late 70s-early 80s pretty much ALL instrumental music has been forced underground and you're not going to find it unless you dig (which I've been doing for past few years). I know it would be unrealistic and damn-near impossible for one person to bring it up to the surface. So all I can strive for is to just do my part to help keep it from disappearing completely. There is most definitely an audience for it because people all over the world attend concerts to see instrumental artists all the time. I don't care about having my music on the radio or being in a band that becomes a household name- I just want to play what I like. This probably seems like a pretty cliche thing to say but it's the truth.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I used to draw

What are your pastimes? Like I said, I used to draw but that was a long time ago and I probably wouldn't be any good at it anymore. Other than that, I taught myself how to swing around nunchakus without hitting myself and I've been doing that for about 6-7 years now. Playing video games, watching movies, bike riding, hacky sack.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Hopefully to find some other people in my area to jam / start a band. If not, just having my music heard by a wider audience would be satisfying enough.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? yes

What instruments? trumpet

When did you start playing? 12 years ago

Did you teach yourself? no. school band.

2. Are you in a band or bands? no.

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs? yes.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? lyrics and melody.

Do you have a writing partner? no. but would like one.

4. Do you record your music? no.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? none.

6. Are you a tech head? nope.

7. What country do you live in? us.

8. What are your ambitions? i have one song in with NMP. hopefully get that finished...soon.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? draw, write stories, and dance.

What are your pastimes?

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? critiques, insight, and share ideas and see what others have come up with.

• Like 1

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes.

What instruments? Keyboards, drums, percussion, vocals (fortunately it goes into a virtual talk box so no one will have to endure my singing), and I'm currently fiddling around with my uncle's old fiddle, though I don't know if I'll pursue it.

When did you start playing? Keyboards in 1990, drums in 1994, started messing with the fiddle about three weeks ago.

Did you teach yourself? I learned the rudiments in my school band and as I was the only percussionist willing to play the bells it taught me the note locations on keyboard instruments (thus ending the chaos started when I took up keyboards four years earlier). As the most advanced thing taught was the double stroke roll I'm more self taught than trained.

2. Are you in a band or bands? If you count virtual bands then I am one. Or at least I will be when I put the finishing touches on the characters.

What is the name of the band? Big Bubba Brown's Big Brass Band.

What do you play? Keyboards and drums when I'm on my Linux partition, on Windows it's all just mouse clicks.

Do you have a band website? Not yet.

3. Do you write songs? Yes.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Music

Do you have a writing partner? No, but I'm looking for a lyricist.

4. Do you record your music? Everything at this point is just mouse clicks, though when I can get a preamp for my drum module I'll be recording the drum tracks.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? A Frankenstein PC (custom made by my brother for audio/video work and game development so there isn't really a brand) and the microphone that came with my sound card.

Do you use a recording studio? No.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Technically yes, but it's in a password protected folder and I only grant access to collaborators and a friend

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

6. Are you a tech head? Tech head as in music - Nope. Just stick to basic music theory. Tech head as in technology - Yes, but only in the areas of graphics and audio.

7. What country do you live in? United States of America

8. What are your ambitions? Musically - to finish writing a song and have it heard by more than just my family, whoever I'm dating at the time, and a friend. Personally - to take a bride, start a family, and achieve financial stability in order to support that family.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Computer generated graphics and game development, though the two are intermarried so they might as well be considered one pursuit.

What are your pastimes? In my free time I usually get up from my computer and put a TV dinner in the microwave. Three minutes later I take another break and stir the potatoes. Three minutes after that I get back up and bring the tray to my computer. In other words, I usually have just enough free time to microwave supper. The rest is spent trying to get my various ventures off the ground.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Critique, collaboration, and socialization in a place free from all of the headaches you usually find on social networking sites.

• Like 1

Hey

thought this might be an interesting exercise:

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

yes, both

What instruments?

keyboard, soft synth

When did you start playing?

few years back

Did you teach yourself?

yes

2. Are you in a band or bands?

no

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs?

yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

both

Do you have a writing partner?

no

4. Do you record your music?

yes

yes, reason and record, tyros 3, voice live 2

soundcloud, youtube

6. Are you a tech head?

little bit

7. What country do you live in?

United States

8. What are your ambitions?

just have fun

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

yes...write stories...well so far only one

What are your pastimes?

experimentation

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

ideas

• Like 1

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Piano

When did you start playing? Ermm..about 7 yeards old lol

Did you teach yourself? Yep

2. Are you in a band or bands? Nope

What is the name of the band? N/A

What do you play? N/A

What other instruments are in the band? N/A

Do you have a band website? N/A

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Lyrics

Do you have a writing partner? Nope

4. Do you record your music? Nope

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? N/A

Do you use a recording studio? N/A

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Nope

6. Are you a tech head? Yep

7. What country do you live in? England

8. What are your ambitions? To one day become a pro songwriter

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Write Stories

What are your pastimes? Songwriting and Reading

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? To get feedback on my lyrics and to hopefuly find someone who's good at music making and singing so i can turn my lyrics into a proper song

• Like 1

Hi John,

I will fill in the answers as well :

Yes, I play the guitar. I can also do some bass, but that's it really.

What instruments?

The guitar [smiley=acoustic.gif]

When I was 17 years old.

Did you teach yourself?

Mostly, yes. Thank God for online tabs! You can easily learn how to play guitar!

Not anymore. First I played in a coverband with some own written material (Orion). After a couple of years me and my buddy Machiel started an own band called super5onic, purely with own written music. That band transformed into Daylight. Nowadays me and Machiel are just recording songs at home.

Machiel & Matthijs ? Suggestions are welcome ;)

What do you play?

Style you mean? I love Oasis and the Beatles!

Well, we record at home, so eeehhh.... any instrument you like ;D

Not yet.

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Both

Yes, Machiel helps me from time to time.

Yes

Yes, but I have no idea. I'm more the musician kinda guy than a technical one. I do play on a Epiphone Les Paul! [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Nope

I hope as soon as possible.

Nothing :-/

Nope

6. Are you a tech head?

Nope

The Netherlands - Amsterdam

Let the world hear our music. But more in an artistic kinda way than commercial.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

No

What are your pastimes?

What??? ???

Compliments, a fanbase, cheering, you know, the regular stuff :P

========================================================================================

Grtz

Matthijs

• Noob

Hey everyone, my name is Todd.

I'm an upcoming artist and I'm just trying to get my music out there for the time being.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes, I play acoustic guitar and have been singing for a few years now.

What instruments? Acoustic, and a little bit of piano, beautiful instruments.

When did you start playing? 2007

Did you teach yourself? I actually did, didn't take any lessons or look at anything online, although I do know what chords are what from looking.

2. Are you in a band or bands? I'm by myself, currently.

What is the name of the band? I like to call myself Sleepunderseas. It just fit with my entire persona.

What do you play? Acoustic guitar, some piano.

What other instruments are in the band? Electric keyboard, plan to add more in the future, I'm up for any ideas, really.

Do you have a band website? Not anything official just yet, money is tight, heh.

3. Do you write songs? I have been for years, yep.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both.

Do you have a writing partner? Nope, been writing by myself for a few years now.

4. Do you record your music? I had help with that, actually from a friend.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? No, it was his studio, not much experience with home studio equipment.

Do you use a recording studio? Yeah, but it's not mine, unfortunately, haha.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes, you can go to; www.purevolume.com/sleepunderseas OR www.reverbnation.com/sleepunderseas

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I'm just doing it, to do it, currently.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None of those.

6. Are you a tech head? Not at all, haha.

7. What country do you live in? USA.

8. What are your ambitions? To play music, not take it too seriously, go as far as I deserve to go, but not let that control everything else.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I write stories sometimes, I'm pretty creative lyric wise and have a wild imagination.

What are your pastimes? Growing up, learning, pursuing, and finding what I like to do.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Just to show people my side of how I play music. Gain any critique, at all, because any opinion helps.

If you want to listen to my music at all, it's on ReverbNation or PureVolume.

I also have a YouTube for my upcoming performances.

www.youtube.com/sleepunderseas

Yup, I sure do!

What instruments?

Vocals (obviously!), piano, guitar, clarinet, some autoharp....

I started the clarinet when I was in fifth grade. Guitar I started when I was 12, then I came back to it in early college. Piano I have only seriously been playing for about five months after years of "oh yeah, I'll learn to play the piano someday....." :D

Did you teach yourself?

For the most part, yes. I took guitar lessons when I was 12. The rest was on my own. Same with piano. I already knew music theory from band and chorus classes!

Other than the school band in elementary and middle school, nope! :P

n/a

What do you play?

n/a

n/a

I'm not part of a band, but I do have a website: http://www.annfeld.com

3. Do you write songs?

All the time. I'm a writer by nature so I write everyday.

Both

Nope

Yup, I sure do!

Do you use a home studio?

A very basic one, yes

If you mean I use any studio including my own, yes. I only use my own home setup though.

Yes I sure do! Reverbnation, Myspace, iTunes, Bandcamp, YouTube......

None

None

6. Are you a tech head?

Yes!!

The United States

I'll try and keep this short and sweet. My ambition is to create music I want to create, and if other people happen to like it, that's great! I've been told time and again that what I create is not "commercial," though at the same time, I have gotten some people interested in what I do. It probably doesn't help that my influences are non-commercial artists: Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Charlotte Martin, Mylène Farmer..... :P Though seriously, I'm not out to become the next popstar. Sure it would be wonderful to have my music loved by millions of people, and who wouldn't want that? But that's not what I'm aiming for. I just want a core of people who like and appreciate what I do. And if someone doesn't like it, oh well. You can't please everybody; all you can please is yourself. :)

I do write stories, though I don't write nearly as much as I used to. I also write poetry in addition to writing songs. Always the writer!

What are your pastimes?

Watching movies, reading, learning foreign languages (I speak French fluently), translating....

Most of all, meeting other people who are creative like I am and having people I can share my writings with, and having my music heard by a wider audience. :)

Edited by AnnFeld

Nice intro Ann

I can keep a tune with my voice, but I am not a singer by any stretch of the imagination. I play instruments.

What instruments?

I play the piano and harpsichord as my main instruments. I also have a kalimba and a glockenspiel gathering dust somewhere. I guess I play them too, if they count as a full fledged instrument skill. Also the melodica.

I started playing the piano/keyboards when I was 12, so 6 years ago now.

Did you teach yourself?

In the beginning, yes, with the help of my mother (who has finished children's music school) I taught myself to read sheet music and it went from there. About a year later I got myself a private piano tutor who I've been seeing since. For two years now I have taken harpsichord/old music classes academically.

No, but in the sake of interest, I'll answer the following questions as I would LIKE to have it ;)

Something in Latin probably. Visi Sonor would be a cool name.

What do you play?

Jazz fusion and jazz influenced rock music, progressive rock, experimental beat music.

The standard bunch of bass, drum, guitars (acoustic and electrical), me on electical keyboards, piano, harpsichord. In addition the music would take use of woodwinds (especially the clarinet), tuned idiophones and saxophones. Possibly more - I usually write for very varied instrumentation.

No.

3. Do you write songs?

Yes.

I write both, but I don't take my lyrical attempts too seriously. I am no poet.

No.

No. Well, if you count out few ideas recorded on the solo piano.

Not a studio. I use a program called GuitarPro mostly to get my ideas down.

-

I may have something... some songs on some forums posted up to receive critique and such.

None.

6. Are you a tech head?

Not particularly, no.

Estonia

TO REVOLUTIONIZE BEAT MUSIC ONCE AGAIN.

*cough*

I mean: To write music I would enjoy hearing.

I write prose sometimes.

What are your pastimes?

Computer games, writing, music, thinking.

Mainly to share creative pursuits with other people and learn more about the craft.

Edited by Hyardacil

• 3 weeks later...

What instruments? Guitar, bass, some piano.

When did you start playing? Many years ago.

Did you teach yourself? Mostly - but I took some guitar lessons.

2. Are you in a band or bands? Church band presently but used to be in a band for many years.

What is the name of the band? KB

What do you play? guitar

What other instruments are in the band? drums, bass, piano, guitar

Do you have a band website? No

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Mostly the music.

Do you have a writing partner? Yes.

4. Do you record your music? Yes.

Do you use a recording studio? Digital Performer, Apogee convertors, Big Ben master clock, outboard pres, UAD-1, Panasonic DA7 console, some good instruments and mics, midi gear, virtual instruments, synths - I've been collecting for years.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? No.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I wear all the hats because I have a basement studio: arrange, perform, mix, write.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? No.

6. Are you a tech head? Not really but I try to do as much as I can myself.

7. What country do you live in? Canada - yes, it's cold and has flies in the summer but it's a great place to live.

8. What are your ambitions? Almost too old to have any but it would be great to write music that people enjoy.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No.

What are your pastimes? Music, church related activities and hanging out and traveling with with my church band (families).

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? ALways interested to hear how other people do things. It is great to share stuff that has been learned over the years - but I learn more than I'm able to share.

• Editors

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? YES

What instruments? Vocals,Guitar

When did you start playing?When I was 15

Did you teach yourself?Not Entirely but lately Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands?No

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs?Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both?Yes

Do you have a writing partner?No

4. Do you record your music?Ocassionally

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?I record at home but not much of a studio!

Do you use a recording studio?No

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?-

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?No

6. Are you a tech head? Kinda

7. What country do you live in? India

8. What are your ambitions? To sustain my life by doing what I love,Music!

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?At times!

What are your pastimes?Walking(a lot),Little into philsophy,Quantum Physics and how it gives more questions to life.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Experience and advice!

Edited by Mahesh

• 1 month later...

Sing and play guitar

What instruments?

guitar

Did you teach yourself?

Mostly,with some lessons off and on

not currently

N/A

What do you play?

N/A

N/A

No

3. Do you write songs?

Yes

Both

No

Not currently

No

I have in the past

Yes,on Soundclick.com

None

No

6. Are you a tech head?

No

United States

To grow and become a better songwriter and guitar player.In my private fantasies I want to play my songs live for others (hopeful)enjoyment and travel around the world.

I think often about writing a novel,but usually end up grabbing my guitar and working on songs in the little free time I have.

What are your pastimes?

Playing my guitar and drinking whiskey.I also like travelling,but after having seen every bit of this country I'm ready to go abroad.

Since I don't have any peers in my immediate area that are into music,it is web communities like this where I can interact with other like-minded souls.I hope to get personal growth out of it as well as the sense of being a part of a community of artists that I can maybe give back as much help for growth to others as they give me.

Hey

thought this might be an interesting exercise:

Yes

What instruments?

Guitar and some bassguitar

Did you teach yourself?

Yes

Yes

Tambarskjelve

What do you play?

Guitar

One more guitar, bassguitar, drums, and singer

No

3. Do you write songs?

Trying to

Both

Sometimes

Just for internal use in the band

Audacity and Quartz audiomaster

No

Nothing that I am proud of

None

No

6. Are you a tech head?

No

Norway

Have fun with my music

No

What are your pastimes?

I would like to learn from others, and maybe even be able to help somebody

• 3 weeks later...

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Well...kinda. I'm no vocalist, but enjoy doing my own very rough melody guides, which in turn are to be converted into decent demos by 'proper' singers. ;)

What instruments? Making yet another attempt at learning a few chords on guitar (which I got last week).

When did you start playing? Haven't yet. I don't think fumbling on the A chord counts. :D

Did you teach yourself? I'm hoping to.

2. Are you in a band or bands? No. But I do a lot of online collaborations.

What do you play? N/A

What other instruments are in the band? A wide range of instruments in the collaborations.

Do you have a band website? No, not as such, though many of my collaborations are on Reverbnation and elsewhere.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write lyrics. Sometimes I also provide the melody.

Do you have a writing partner? I collaborate with a number of musicians/vocalists.

4. Do you record your music? My collaborators do this.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? My collaborators have home studios, and use an extensive range of gear. I have an iMac, and for my own feeble musical efforts, I use Audacity, though I've recently installed Reaper and intend to tackle that learning curve pretty soon. I use an AT2020 USB mic.

Do you use a recording studio? If the song calls for it (e.g. it's theatrical) and no suitable vocalist is at hand, I'll use a demo singer.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Rich Blend

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? I submit songs here and there. When any are accepted by a licensing agency, I manage the paperwork. (Ghastly job! :-/;) )

6. Are you a tech head? Heck, no!

7. What country do you live in? I'm an ex-pat Canadian living in the Netherlands.

8. What are your ambitions? To touch someone. To write songs that people can connect to on one level or another, whether the songs cause a listener to laugh, cry, think, jump up and start dancing, or just plain enjoy in whatever manner. Bottom line is I'd like to leave something behind me when I go. ;)

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I used to do a lot of art. Also did oriental dancing as a hobby. I love photography, and playing around with Photoshop. That's been put on hold though, due to the time spent on songwriting.

What are your pastimes? Tai Chi, reading, movies. I suppose I could call my work (editing) a pastime. It certainly does pass the time as well as pay the mortgage. :P

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Constructive critical feedback, information, friendly interaction.

Edited by DonnaMarilyn
  • Like 1

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Why, yes. In fact, I do!

What instruments?

Acoustic guitar, drums, electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, vocals. :)

Lawd have mercy... I'll just list how long I've played them. Drums for 9, Acoustic for 4, Electric and Bass for 3, Piano for 2 and vocals since I grew vocal chords I guess...

Did you teach yourself?

Taught myself my first year of drums and acoustic and have taken lessons for piano. Electric and Bass is all self-taught.

I am the main worship leader for my church. I also do solo stuff

Breakaway

What do you play?

Usually acoustic guitar. Sometimes Electric (When I'm not leading, I play drums)

Bass guitar, electric guitar, drums, 3 vocalists

No

3. Do you write songs?

Yes, but we mostly do mainstream worship. We've done a couple of songs I've written.

Yes. (Both)

I have someone I've written a couple songs with, but as far as permanent reliance, no.

Some of it, yes.

Audacity to record, Mixcraft to... well mix... Pretty crappy home rec stuff.

Nope. I wish.

Listn.to/Brian_webb

Erm... none really.

Nope.

6. Are you a tech head?

Not really...

USA

To become a youth/music/worship minister.

I have been known to draw random stuff every now and again.

What are your pastimes?

Mostly music and basketball. I find slight entertainment in computer games like Minecraft and FPS's on platforms, but I'm drifting further from that stuff and more into music.

Constructive Criticism.

:)

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? I try

What instruments? Guitar, some Bass, very little Keyboards

When did you start playing? Embarrassed to say. I should be much better. Teens - I'm almost 48

Did you teach yourself? yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

What do you play?

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? Not any more , he went to the Big Gig in the Sky

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes -my guitar rig to an Art Studio V3 preamp to the pc with Cakewalk Guitartracks Pro 4

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes, soundclick and reverbnation

6. Are you a tech head? By no means

7. What country do you live in? U.S.A.

8. What are your ambitions? To have my music listened too. A song isn't a song, if no one hears it.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I used to sketch, only on lunch bags for Grandkids now

What are your pastimes? family and music

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Feedback good or bad on what little I produce. Songstuff is giving me just what I need. Thanks. Great job!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes.

What instruments? Piano/keyboard/vocals

When did you start playing? Been fiddling at it practically my whole life.

Did you teach yourself? Mostly, though I have taken formal lessons too.

2. Are you in a band or bands? Used to be, but not currently.

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner. No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? I do, but it is not very recent. May post links once I update them.

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? An old PC, and and old version of Cakewalk. May update eventually, but works for me right now.

Do you use a recording studio? No.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? No.

6. Are you a tech head? No.

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? Just to write, record and perform my music, and

hopefully find an audience.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No.

What are your pastimes? I like to read, but music's my main one.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Just to participate in the discussions, see what others are doing.

Edited by gradual

• 2 weeks later...

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Sing

What instruments? I wish I could play the keyboard but N/A

When did you start playing? N/A

Did you teach yourself? N/A

2. Are you in a band or bands? Nope

What do you play? N/A

What other instruments are in the band? N/A

Do you have a band website? N/A

3. Do you write songs? Mhm.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write lyrics.

Do you have a writing partner? Nope.

4. Do you record your music? Not now.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Not at the moment, but if I did, I would hit up on of my friends.

Do you use a recording studio? Nope.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Not at the moment, but when I do, they'll most likely be on Youtube or Tumblr.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Nope

6. Are you a tech head? I'd say yes possibly.

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? To become a Computer Programmer or Software Engineer or a musician.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Mhm, I draw and I've wrote stories at times, which is very rare.

What are your pastimes? Using the computer, drawing at times, playing with my Android, reading, video games.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Hopefully, I can learn to songwrite better, make friends, etc.