Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes, both.

What instruments? Piano and guitar.

When did you start playing? 5 years ago for guitar, 4 for piano. Still not very good at either though! XD

Did you teach yourself? Yeah I mostly play by ear and tabs.

2. Are you in a band or bands? No but I intend on starting a youtube channel where I'll upload finished songs when I get the recording materials necessary--I'm in process of saving up.

What is the name of the band? channel: justpressescape

What do you play? everything :P

What other instruments are in the band? --

Do you have a band website? no.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both.

Do you have a writing partner? no.

4. Do you record your music?

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I will--protools.

Do you use a recording studio? --

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? not on the web, but I do have one mp3 of a finished song.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? none.

6. Are you a tech head? partially.

7. What country do you live in? U.S.A.

8. What are your ambitions? completing and performing my songs. ^_^

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? all of the above except dance. art is something I've always loved with passion, as I do with writing.

What are your pastimes? poetry started all of my writing way back in elementary school. Now it's turned into songwritting because there's always a melody in my head.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I'd like it if I got to know how some other people write their songs, maybe new techniques, inspiration, advice, and just people to talk about it all with.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

What instrument? I sing and play the piano.

When did you start playing? I started singing when I was in elementary school in a Christian Choir, I started taking professional voice lessons when I was 12 which is when I started learning piano too.

Did you teach yourself? I'd like to believe singing came naturally, my voice teachers just gave me solos and mainly taught me how to play the piano.

2. Are you in a band or bands? I am a solo artist.

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

What other instruments are in the band?

Do you have a band website? www.JaminaJazzLyne.com

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write the lyrics and sometimes help my producers with my beats.

Do you have a writing partner? My writing partner is Brandon (B Free) Alexander

4. Do you record your music? I am in the process of recording right now.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I'm not very familiar with the tools, but I know the engineer uses Protools.

Do you use a recording studio? I've recorded at both a home studio and an actual studio.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

http://www.JaminaJazzLyne.com

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I am new to the business and am focusing on singing, writing, and choreographing right now. I am however handling everything for myself in every other aspect at this moment (promotion/management) I am currently searching for a manager or PR agent.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

6. Are you a tech head? No

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? My ambition is to become a household name and to travel the world dancing and singing. I want to show young women that they can become successful by being intelligent and respecting themselves.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I do all of the above. Design, dance, choreograph, write stories, I can use photoshop for computer art and design, I also design T-Shirts.

What are your pastimes? When I'm not working on music or anything to help myself in my dream career, my guilty pleasure is watching Netflix movies and playing the Sims3

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I would like to gain more exposure and connect with other artists or industry professional who have more experience and may be able to guide me through this process of becoming who I've dreamed I would always be.

I think that covers the main musical things!

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Guitar

When did you start playing? recently

Did you teach yourself? Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes

What is the name of the band? Rock D world

What do you play? Rap Music

What other instruments are in the band? Beats Drum

Do you have a band website? No

3. Do you write songs? No

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

Do you have a writing partner?

4. Do you record your music? No Its just for Fun

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Do you use a recording studio?

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Management

7. What country do you live in? India

8. What are your ambitions? Be a Rockstar in Rap World

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? no

What are your pastimes?

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Discusions

Hi! I'm new here and thought this would be a fun thing to try.

I sing, play guitar and piano!

I first started playing piano in the 3rd grade, but quit taking lessons after 6 years. I started to self teach myself the acoustic guitar after that.

I'm not in any band. Just record by myself :P

I do not have a writing partner, but I do write songs. I would love to get critiques on future songs later!

I have a home studio. I have a CAD U1 microphone. It's pretty cheap, but I had it so i used it. I use mixcraft to record my songs and edit them. I'm hoping to start posting songs on youtube soon such as covers and originals.

I am a tech head. I want to learn how to work mixcraft to it's full ability right now.

I live in the US

I want to become an audio engineer for a good college. I also want to post songs on youtube as I mentioned before :P

I love to draw pictures, hang out with friends, and I can bboy a little!

I want to post songs here to get them critiqued. I want to become a really good songwriter :]

Hi my name is Cormac and live in County Down,Ireland

I play the guitar(not great I might add). I have recently started writing lyrics and putting them to music.

I'm 57 years old and when younger played Bass in a band with some friends just for fun

I am not a tech head.

I have a couple of friends who have recorded and released EPs/Albums and hope to use them to help me promote my songs.

I hope to be able to contribute something to the forums and receive feedback on some lyrics.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? yes

What instruments?keyboard,singing

When did you start playing?singing-don exactly remember, i've been singing since i was little; keys-around 8 years ago

Did you teach yourself?learned the basics from a teacher then learnt the rest myself

2. Are you in a band or bands?yes

What is the name of the band?eplictic resonance

What do you play?keyboard

What other instruments are in the band?guitar, drums

Do you have a band website? http://www.reverbnat...licticresonance

3. Do you write songs?a little bit

Do you write lyrics, music or both? mainly music, trying to write lyrics

Do you have a writing partner? sometime, mahesh

4. Do you record your music? yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? i use an m-audio fast track pro sound card and software i use reaper 4.0 or protools. as of now thats it

Do you use a recording studio? no

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? http://www.reverbnation.com/gijumathew

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? none

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? ---

6. Are you a tech head? not really

7. What country do you live in? india

8. What are your ambitions? to live my life doing what i love n never have any regrets

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? not really

What are your pastimes? listening to music, making music, reading

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? to learn more from people all over the world and become a better musician

• 3 weeks later...

I play the keyboard and I sing. I was all self-tought this. I dont have a band formed at the moment but in a year or so intend on doing so. My ambition in life is to live in my music, to get the fame and publicity that comes with it (otherwise what do I have to live for). I do write music I just have a hard time getting a song completed. Whenever I get to a part, I get stuck and my brain tells me to start over, therefore a song never getting completed.Since I dont have a band formed at the moment maybe I'll find my potential bandmates on here.

• Noob

What instruments? < ebass mostly, blues harp and percusions at times

When did you start playing? < a while now, but medicore.. am more a lyricist, i studied literature so...

Did you teach yourself? < maybe that is the problem:-)

2. Are you in a band or bands?

What is the name of the band? < lyricist for several bands in Europe: Babckbeat, Dice, The Temptones, Word of Mouth, Katrin Forch Group to name a few

What do you play? > ebass with The Peter Scout Band.. also the songwriter

What other instruments are in the band? <see above

Do you have a band website?< several...

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? <mostly lyrics ( already over 300 recorded songs that i have written over the years...)

Do you have a writing partner? sometimes... depends.. not a steady one:-)

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? >no

Do you use a recording studio? > i know a few here where i live

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? > yes all over

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? < I publish my lyrics and work on art design and photography, some promtion at times as a translator as well

6. Are you a tech head? > i am mr. low tech.. i cook the meals and get beer during those phases:-)

7. What country do you live in? < I live in Germany am from the midwest of the US ( will never go back.. Europe is so awesome)

8. What are your ambitions? < just to keep on keeping on

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? <yes

What are your pastimes? < travelling collecting antiques cooking

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? < to meet others and create live do and be,,,

I sing when the mood strikes me which is fairly rare

What instruments?

Mostly ztar, I have two. An older z6 and a baby z. I also have quite a few guitars. Usually my strat is my go to guitar. I've played mandolin, and electric bass. in the past

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

3. Do you write songs?

I dabble quite a bit and occassionally record what I've written..

4. Do you record your music? about once a week but I rarely goes through the entire production to a finished product

6. Are you a tech head?

I'm a programmer does that count?

I graduated from recording engineering school back in the 80's Quite a bit has changed since then. I've been in rock bands, blues bands, trad jazz bands and even fronted a fusion band. I actually entered the field of programming by trying to figure out a drum machine. I've produced hip hop and grunge bands using 90's technology during the 90's. I've written trance, italian disco, electro stuff with the aid of abelton live an emu xl-7 am fairly comfortable working in reaper. But I prefer more straight foreward tools these days band in a box, real band. It allows me to first focus on the writing process then working out the recording/mixdown stuff. Too much technology reduces the muse.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

Occassionally I'll do some stuff in SWiSH Max I really like working with interactive multi-media stuff.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

Material.

I'm a terrible singer but sometimes a fresh set of lyrics draws me to a melody line. I like experimenting with lyric rhythm across the fretboad. I'm pretty quick to develop chord changes and styles.

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yep

What instruments? Piano

When did you start playing? About two years ago

Did you teach yourself? Initially, I'm now taking lessons and have for a couple of months

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

3. Do you write songs? Yes, if making beats counts

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both, mostly music though and always in a DAW

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? Not yet, but planning on recording artists soon

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? FL Studio, Logic, Waves Plugins, Izotope Ozone, Nexus 2, MPK49 Midi Keyboard, Macbook Pro 15 inch

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? http://soundcloud.com/joe_schuh

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? None.. Just self promoting

6. Are you a tech head? Not really, I'm always trying to learn new tricks with my gear to better my skills

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? To become a successful beatmaker/music producer

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I've been told i'm a great drawer and have been doing that most of my life. However, recently in the past few years I have decided to pursue music (which is kind of random in my case since I don't have a musical background).

What are your pastimes? Basketball, Jammin to music, chillin with friends

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I want to learn more (a lot more) about how to craft catchy and commercial sounding hip hop/rap/r&b/pop music. I'm quite confused about a lot of the theory involved but looking forward to learning more here! I hope I can help people as much as i'm sure they will help me (hopefully).

• Noob

Yes, I do all of it! I'm also into production.

What instruments?

guitar, saxophone, trumpet, bleepy-bloopy synth machines.

When did you start playing?

about 10 years old, so around 15 years ago. 1997. It was a very good year...

Did you teach yourself?

Songwriting, yes, guitar, yes, but reading music and performing on an instrument I learned in my high school jazz ensemble and concert band.

Yes, and I also do solo music songwriting/production.

The Clean Catch, we're a band of medical students in New Orleans. My solo project is called Mickey Phoenix.

What do you play?

guitar, synth, drum machine.

guitar, bass,

Do you have a band website?

sure, mickeyphoenix.com

3. Do you write songs?

yep

both

Do you have a writing partner?

yes, but he's on the other side of the country :( he still helps me out though, when he's not out cavorting with Trent Reznor.

yep.

Yea, I use Ableton Live, Shure SM57 microphone, a variety of pre-amps, Akai APC40, M-audio Axiom 25, Line-6 POD HD400, Fender Stratocaster Texas Fat strat (with humbucker).

not usually... too expensive.

yes, mickeyphoenix.com and if that tickles your fancy, you can check out my previous project at thestoryofthesun.com

nothing

niet, NIEN!

6. Are you a tech head?

I guess

7. What country do you live in?

USA

8. What are your ambitions?

Doctor, musician.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I draw every once in awhile. I've been known to write some Roald Dahl-esque stories on occasion.

What are your pastimes?

studying for medical school, writing songs

just meet some new cool friends, listen to some cool new music written by old horny white men, get feedback on my songs so I can improve, give people feedback to help them improve and/or gain a new online enemy (like what the f*ck does he know, I'm the next Katy Perry Y'ALLL), and just overall enjoy my time on the internet. But this isn't about me, this is about ALL OF US (read: you.)

• Noob

sorry just seen the topic ha!

Yes, piano guitar bass

What instruments?

as above

When did you start playing?

16 yrs ago

Did you teach yourself?

yes in instrument writing

Yes, and I also do solo music songwriting/production.

Dapper Overture

What do you play?

guitar, singer

guitar, bass, drums

Do you have a band website?

no

3. Do you write songs?

yep

both

Do you have a writing partner

no

yep.

mixcraft and a crap mic

not usually... too expensive.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/ArtistPage.aspx?bandid=8823#This+isnt+right

nothing

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other

nothing

6. Are you a tech head?

no way, i hate technology

7. What country do you live in?

Uk

8. What are your ambitions?

musician.

draw, write, stand up comedy

What are your pastimes?

writing songs

for someone to either say "pack it inand give it up,ur deluded" or "you were right to believe, go for it!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

What instruments: I play guitar, some harmonica, drums, bass and sing.

When did you start playing. 23 years ago when I was 14.

Did you teach yourself? 98% Self Taught

2. Are you in a band or bands? I have been in several bands, One of which was signed.

What is the name of the band? Seven Mile Ride and Someday

What do you play? Guitar

What other instruments are in the band? Drums, Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Keys

Do you have a band website? Not any more

3. Do you write songs? I try to, but not so much these days

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Mostly music, but also lyrics

Do you have a writing partner? I currently have two

4. Do you record your music? Whenever there is something worth recording, absolutely

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I use Cubase and Reason for Software, Waves bundles, MIDI keyboard, an Audio Technica 2020 mic, Echo Layla 20 bit interface, Presonus Eureka preamp.

Do you use a recording studio? When I can afford it, but usually, I can't

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? www.soundclick.com/iamshayne

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? Not much.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?None

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? I would like to become a songwriter

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? graphic arts sometimes

What are your pastimes? music, poker, graphic art, website building

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? some connections, some friends and to get out there

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? I sing mostly, but also play a tiny bit.

What instruments? Piano and accordian, very little, and by ear.

When did you start playing? Piano at age 9, accordian at age 12

Did you teach yourself? I had 4 piano lessons and the teacher quit because I insisted on playing by ear. I was too anxious to hear the finished product to learn to read music. The accordian, I taught myself.

2. Are you in a band or bands? I have sung with different bands, just as a friend of one of the band members. Thoroughly enjoyed myself too! :luxhello:

What is the name of the band? I can't remember, that was so many years ago...

What do you play? My friend who sang and played lead guitar loaned me her bass guitar to try, and if I could play it, she said I was welcome to join the band. Well, that was when my kids were babies, and I just had no time to practice. My "baby" is now 33 years old!

What other instruments are in the band? Drum, keyboard, guitar. It was a country band.

Do you have a band website? No

3. Do you write songs? No, but I admire people who are talented that way.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? N/A

Do you have a writing partner? N/A

4. Do you record your music? I record my singing.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? For now, I'm just in my office on my PC, using a cheap mic.

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? www.singsnap.com (username P-J)

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None

6. Are you a tech head? Noooooooo, I'm the one holding the mic. I know nothing! LOL!

:lol2:

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? It has always been a dream of mine to be a known artist. Sadly, that dream is fast waining as I age.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I write some poetry, some writing, and I love to dance, but by no means would I subject the public to that, lol!

What are your pastimes? Music, music and music. Oh did I mention music? LOL!

:phone:

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? :helpsmilie:Whatever good can come out of it, as far as singing publicly.

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes.

What instruments? My main instrument is the violin, but I also play the guitar and the recorder

When did you start playing? Violin at age 6, recorder at age 7, guitar at age 18

Did you teach yourself? For 10 years I had violin lessons, after that, I could work on my technique on my own. however, I had no guitar instructor

2. Are you in a band or bands? Yes.

What is the name of the band? LochNesz

What do you play? Violin, tin whistle and banjo (mostly violin though)

What other instruments are in the band? vocals, drums, electic guitar, bass guitar, accordion, great highland bagpipe

Do you have a band website? Yes, http://www.facebook.com/LochNeszBand

3. Do you write songs? Yes, I started to write songs last year, since then, I wrote 7 songs, 3 of which are now played by my band, and we will probably play the others as well in time.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both.

Do you have a writing partner? No, I am a loner, but some of my bandmates consult me while writing their own songs.

4. Do you record your music? Yes, we recorded 3 songs with my band so far, and I wrote one of them on my own, and helped writing another.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? No.

Do you use a recording studio? Yes.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Here are the three songs I was talking about: http://soundcloud.com/lochnesz/sets/the-monsters-close-ep-2012/ (I wrote 'Monster' on my own and helped writing 'Why is the Rum Gone?') They are also available in the band's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LochNeszBand/videos

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I participate in promoting LochNesz.

6. Are you a tech head? No, but I find the recording process and sound editing very interesting, and I intend to learn about it.

7. What country do you live in? Hungary

8. What are your ambitions? I'd love to make a decent living solely by writing and performing music, however, it is unrealistic in my country, so I just want to write (and record, and perform) as many good songs as can in my spare time while focusing on my career as an economist (although right now I'm only studying Economics, but I'll probably graduate in a few years).

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuits? I like writing poems, short stories and screenplays, but I am neither educated nor talented enough in these areas to focus on them.

What are your pastimes? I study Economics, I play in a quite busy scheduled band and I even have a social life, so unfortunately there is no time for other hobbies :)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Learning to be a better songwriter, maybe making friends and promoting LochNesz.

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? yes

What instruments?Piano, drums, trombone

When did you start playing? 11 yrs old

Did you teach yourself?somewhat

2. Are you in a band or bands?No but was before

What is the name of the band?re% (represent)

What do you play?singer

What other instruments are in the band?none

Do you have a band website? solo website www.reverbnation.com/officialdrex

3. Do you write songs?yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both?both

Do you have a writing partner?no but I have an inspiration (significant other)

4. Do you record your music?yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? yes, logic studio 8, garageband, pro tools,

Do you use a recording studio?yes

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? yes, reverbnation.com/officialdrex, www.youtube.com/drdrexmusic

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?writing

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?none really lol

6. Are you a tech head? no however I do like techno

7. What country do you live in? US OF A

8. What are your ambitions?to inspire with life experiences

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? no but my better half does

What are your pastimes? music

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? networking

I think that covers the main musical things! somewhat

Hi, my name is Marc I live in Texas.

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? both.. ish

What instruments? Guitar, piano, drums & trumpet

When did you start playing? 5th grade I started trumpet and was introduced to theory, then picked up a guitar..

Did you teach yourself? mostly, got the basics from band and developed an understanding of theory.

2. Are you in a band or bands? no

What do you play?Rock, metal, country, blues. What ever sounds good. Prefer driving rhythm regardless of style.

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? beginning to

Do you use a home studio? Experimenting now, had an old fostex cassett 4 track but I'm techish and computer savy so evolved.

Do you use a recording studio? no

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? hoing to soon.

7. What country do you live in? US

8. What are your ambitions? share a little good sound and maybe sell a song or 50 one day. Have no desire for stardom.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?Computer game programming is a hobby. Been programming since DOS was "the" os lmao

What are your pastimes? computers, music & being a dad

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? encounter people of the same mindset and learn more and share.

• Noob

What instruments? I'm teaching myself Piano and Guitar.

When did you start playing? Summer of 2010

Did you teach yourself? Yes'm.

2. Are you in a band or bands? Sadly, no. Unless being an official "groupie" counts. Or the sound/light guy.

What is the name of the band? Absolute Zero

What do you play? I scream between songs, and clap. Also occasionally run sound & lights.

What other instruments are in the band? Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Bass, and Drums.

Do you have a band website? Nope.

3. Do you write songs? All the time.

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write lyrics on paper, music in my head.

Do you have a writing partner? Nope. All me. I don't want my lyrics to get raped.

4. Do you record your music? I wish!

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? My dad has a tiny little recorder. If I touched it I'd be murdered, haha.

Do you use a recording studio? I wish!

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? No, and nada.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? I promote my buddy's band via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.

6. Are you a tech head? Are you?

7. What country do you live in? The good ol' U.S. of A.

8. What are your ambitions? I'd like to go to college to be an audio engineer. And get the f*ck out of Ohio.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I attempt to draw, usually penises, I write frequently, and I am the antichrist of athletics, so dance is out of the question. Unless moshing counts.

What are your pastimes? Letting music leak into my brain, socializing, bitching about how much I despise my generation, bitching about how evil Live Nation and Clearchannel are, Writing lyrics, daydreaming, listening to a lot of grunge, practicing and cussing out my guitar and keyboard, and crying at the end of documentaries where musicians I like die.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I really dont know. I'd like someone to read my lyrics or something, tell me what to fix, blah blah blah. Hopefully meet some cool people that are intelligent enough to have a conversation with.

I'm not in the mindset that I'm better than everyone. It sounds like that, I'm sounding rather cunty. But if you were born in the 90s, you get why I'm like this. My generation is utterly disgusting. LIL WAYNE IS NOT MUSIC, OKAY? OKAY.

Rant over, sorry.

I think that covers the main musical things!

Yuppers.

What instruments? Guitar, Turntables, Bass, Vocals, Synths and Drums, in order of terribleness

When did you start playing? Guitar at 15 producing weird electronica at 17 and the rest at various times since

Did you teach yourself? Mostly self taught, some lessons in vocals and guitar, have taught Ableton and basic production for pocketmoney

2. Are you in a band or bands? Production Duo

What is the name of the band? Cross the Noughts

What do you play? Everything

Do you have a band website? Reverbnation and FB Page

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? Yes

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Focusrite Pro 40 Rack, Ableton 8.0/Win7 64bit, Akai Mpd32, M-audio Prokeys 88, Alesis Mk2 Active monitors, Various gats mainly of Fender persuasion. Ibanez bass, Nord Lead, Roland MKS70 and various VST's (mainly Waves Plugs, Trillian, BFD2.0 and Arturia plugs)

Do you use a recording studio? Might retrack vocals in future with some nice mics, after more vocal lessons.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Itunes/Beatport/Juno

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? Have previously held a DJ residency in an Auckland bar/club for 2-3 years

6. Are you a tech head? Definitely

7. What country do you live in? New Zealand

8. What are your ambitions? More Releases, creating music that has originality

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? DJing

What are your pastimes? Listening, making, mixing music, golf, DJing, movies the usual.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I am hoping to meet forum members that might be able to help me evolve into a better composer/arranger

Hi There

Lovely to join this group, thanks for having me.

My name is Natalie Stevens. I am 37 years old. I have a career working with young people with dementia.

My main hobby is writing. I love to write poetry. The two poems I would like to show anyone interested in reading them are called 'He' and 'The Wanderer'. They are written in a lyrical style. I am sad to say I am not able to play an instrument or sing. I wish I could, but I do not have that ability. I love to dance, especially to modern R and B style music.

I would like to write lyrics and was wondering if anyone would give me a chance, I would love to have a go. I do not have any knowledge of the music industry or how people become lyric writers. I was hoping maybe for some constructive critisism on my lyrical poems and some advice about lyric writing.

Many Thanks

Natalie