Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting To Know You

thanks Natalie :) if you want to follow my link in my signature and would like to be kept up to date with my music then you are more than welcome to "like" my page on Facebook, twitter, reverbnation etc. I have a stack of new songs to post when I get some time. Just now I have plenty to do preparing to launch huge improvements on Songstuff. Hopefully that launch will be in about 4 or 5 weeks. I can't wait to get back to my own music! :)

Anyway... thanks for taking the time to listen to lil ole me and also taking the time to let me know :) much appreciated.

Feel free to tell everyone you know and share with your friends... people you meet out shopping :D lol

Hey, you don't ask, you don't get! lol

thanks Natalie :) if you want to follow my link in my signature and would like to be kept up to date with my music then you are more than welcome to "like" my page on Facebook, twitter, reverbnation etc. I have a stack of new songs to post when I get some time. Just now I have plenty to do preparing to launch huge improvements on Songstuff. Hopefully that launch will be in about 4 or 5 weeks. I can't wait to get back to my own music! :)

Anyway... thanks for taking the time to listen to lil ole me and also taking the time to let me know :) much appreciated.

Feel free to tell everyone you know and share with your friends... people you meet out shopping :D lol

Hey, you don't ask, you don't get! lol

Hi

I am new to song stuff. Please could anyone let me know where to upload lyrics to be reviewed. I tried to upload but said 'this type of file not permitted'. Does it have to be in a particular format?

Many Thanks

Natalie Stevens

Post your lyrics to the lyrics critique board (assuming you are wishing feedback), remember to follow the rules for that board (at the top of the topic listings).

Simply copy and paste the text directly into a post rather than uploading a file. if you have recordings you can post them to the song critique board and upload your files into a topic or link to them elsewhere on the web

Lyrics Critique Board

Song and Recording Critique Board

Any questions, feel free to ask on the Site Stuff board, or via the board Private Messaging (PM) system (kinda like webmail for members) and I or other staff will happily help you :)

• Like 1

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

I don't play any instruments but I guess I'm an okay singer.

2. Are you in a band or bands?

Nope, no band.

3. Do you write songs?

I write lyrics with melodies. However, I can't read or write notes, so I have to record all of my songs if I don't want to forget their melodies.

4. Do you record your music?

I record my stuff using a Shure SM58 with that USB adapter-thingy and plain old Audacity.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?

None.

6. Are you a tech head?

I do spend lots of time at the computer but I don't think I qualify as a tech head, no.

7. What country do you live in?

Germany.

8. What are your ambitions?

Immortality :P.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I draw, paint, write stories, design websites and also do some graphic designing from time to time.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

I hope I'll be able to improve on my songwriting and singing and meet many nice people.

Edited by Zebra

• Noob

What instruments? < My first instrument was guitar, I took lessons for around 5 years, started losing interest about a year or two ago. Moved on to experimenting with drums and eventually ended up devoting most of my musical time to seeing what I could do with my computer by itself, now mostly everything musical I do is based around that. I've dabbled around in bass and keyboard but never spent enough time doing it to claim that it's something I play.

When did you start playing? < I started playing guitar when I was 11 years old, that led to everything else.

Did you teach yourself? < I began guitar lessons fairly soon after getting my first guitar, did that for 5 years, moved on to other instruments, everything beyond guitar is self-taught.

What is the name of the band? < Mindprowler is my main project, which is only myself. I also play guitar in a garage metal band occasionally, Apophis.

What do you play? > With Mindprowler I use nothing but my computer, with Apophis I play co-lead guitar.

What other instruments are in the band? < Mindprowler is sample based, instruments vary from song to song. Apophis is standard metal band set-up (vocals, 2 guitars, bass, drums).

Do you have a band website?< I upload all of my music to SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and YouTube. All available for download.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? < I write music for several instruments, no experience in lyrics.

Do you have a writing partner? < Nope.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? > "Studio" is a vague term, I don't own any recording / producing hardware besides my computer, which I use for all of my music production.

Do you use a recording studio? > I have spent some time in a studio, but nothing sufficient enough to call myself experienced.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? > Yes, all of my music is available on SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and YouTube. I'll give links when my signature is enabled.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other? < I do digital artwork for my own albums and occasionally logos / covers for other bands.

6. Are you a tech head? > I am first-year university student studying electronics, I'm working towards a career as a technologist, so I suppose I am, technology is my passion.

7. What country do you live in? < I live in British Columbia, Canada.

8. What are your ambitions? < I'm working towards a career as a technologist, my ambitions are primarily focused around technology, the internet, and the distribution of free information.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? < I'm fairly active in graphic design.

What are your pastimes? < Electronics and technology studies, art, file sharing, spreading information.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? < Participation in an online community based around a love for music and art.

What instruments? I can play the keyboard, I'm pretty amateur though. I can also play an organ.

When did you start playing? When I was 10 I started playing the organ, and I've only been playing the keyboard a few months.

Did you teach yourself? Yes.

No.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write lyrics, would like to learn how to make music though.

Do you have a writing partner? No.

No, I wish.

None.

6. Are you a tech head?

Not really?

New Zealand

I have a lot. My focus for now though is to complete my degree and get a job.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

I write, do art, read.

I would love to have someone use my lyrics to make a song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? No.

What instruments?

When did you start playing?

Did you teach yourself?

2. Are you in a band or bands? No.

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

What other instruments are in the band?

Do you have a band website?

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both.

Do you have a writing partner? No.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes, Avid USB Microphone, pro tools, Cake walk, Mixcraft. working on getting a mixer.

Do you use a recording studio? No.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Not Yet.

Management? Label owner? Publishing? Promotion? Other?

6. Are you a tech head? Yes !

7. What country do you live in? USA

8. What are your ambitions? Doing some productive, making people proud, my family, money.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? No.

What are your pastimes? Writing lyrics, and music

Working with some people and getting my music out there, learn what I need to do in order to improve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

What instruments? I sing and played piano for 9 years, cello for 2. I'm currently using piano for my songwriting but am getting a guitar this summer that I'm super excited about.

When did you start playing? I started piano when I was 4, then quit when I was 13, and played cello 4th-5th grade.

Did you teach yourself? Nope.

Nope!

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write lyrics and melodies, but I'm having extreme difficulty with rhythm and harmony.

Do you have a writing partner? No, but I really wish I could have someone who could help me write melodies/rhythms and stuff.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? I've played around with GarageBand and different microphones, but nothing fancy.

Do you use a recording studio? Yep, my high school has its own recording studio and I'm having my first recording session tomorrow.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Not yet!

None!

6. Are you a tech head?

No

USA

I want to get to a point where I can songwrite tunes well and continue to develop my voice. I don't intend to make a career out of music, but it's something I would still like to pursue pretty seriously on the side.

I'm a writer. I take art classes at the MFA and have since I was 7, so I love art. I was also a gymnast for 11 years, starting at age 2.

What are your pastimes? Babysitting, working at a local dog shelter, hanging out with friends, songwriting (obviously), and just enjoying life and being creative.

I want to get to know other musicians and get tips and hopefully some help with some songs that I'm writing.

• Like 1

What instruments? Guitar, a little keys, even less violin

When did you start playing? 1970

Did you teach yourself? yep

2. Are you in a band or bands? yep

What is the name of the band? BLOWN OUT

What do you play? guitar

What other instruments are in the band? Alto sax, baritone sax, keyboard, drums, bass, singer.

Do you have a band website? yep. but its fallen over from neglect. its blownoutband.co.uk

3. Do you write songs? yep

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both (not for the band though)

Do you have a writing partner? sometimes, not often

4. Do you record your music? yep

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Boss1600cd

Do you use a recording studio? yep (not regular though)

Do you have music available on the web? if so where?

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? none

6. Are you a tech head? nope

7. What country do you live in? England (except when Im abroad)

8. What are your ambitions? find my muses again. Learn to sing properly.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? draw, stories, some poems.

What are your pastimes? music has always been the principle love affair. cooking, walking.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? All the stuff I never did before. Learn more studio tips for sure.

I think that covers the main musical things! Phew!

• Like 3

nope, but i am learning the guitar

nope

3. Do you write songs?

i write lyrics without a partner

no

none

6. Are you a tech head?

no

india

i am an aspiring lyricist. so, i want to collab with a music writer or a band and make some music!!!

i am, kind of non artistic

i'd like to find people to collab with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Noob

Yes I sing

What instruments? Guitar

When did you start playing? 2008

Did you teach yourself? Yes

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? I write lyrics but have written music for some of my songs too

Do you have a writing partner? NO

4. Do you record your music? No but I want to

6. Are you a tech head? Yes

7. What country do you live in? India

8. What are your ambitions? Want to gain a good position in the music industry

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? yes i draw and do computer art

What are your pastimes? All about music :)

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? a little help and recognition

• Like 1

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Piano, guitar, cello

When did you start playing? Piano age 6, guitar age 10, cello age 14

Did you teach yourself? I taught myself guitar.

2. Are you in a band or bands? No, but I'd love to.

What is the name of the band?

What do you play?

Do you have a band website?

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? Sometimes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Yes, and I don't use anything particularly exciting.

Do you use a recording studio? No

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? No, but hoping to get myspace or soundclound soon.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? None.

6. Are you a tech head? Possibly...

7. What country do you live in? UK

8. What are your ambitions?To live my life with music leading the way.

What are your pastimes? I draw, write and dance.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? To get better at writing music, i.e. find more inspiration, become more familiar with this and to get to know other people who like songs.

• Like 1

Ola amigos!

Hey

thought this might be an interesting exercise:

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? - Aye

What instruments? - Guitar, bass, harmonica, piano (a little), and violin (just started). I've also got a fairly decent voice (Think "Poor man's Neil Pennycook")

When did you start playing? - When I was 22.

Did you teach yourself? - I taught myself all my instruments except the violin. I'm getting lessons for that. The fiddlers among us should understand why :-)

2. Are you in a band or bands? - Nope. Used to be in an epic band called the Toxic Shock Robots, but unfortunately we didn't really get beyond the "Skinning up and talking about what an awesome band we were" phase. I think we wrote 2 songs, and they both sucked donkey balls.

What is the name of the band? - I'm strictly solo at the moment. Don't wanna cede creative control over anything to anyone.

What do you play? - One of my life's ambitions is to be able to play every type of instrument inthe world to a good standard. I'm 29, and it's currently 4 down, 350 to go. Piece of cake.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? - Both

Do you have a writing partner? - Nope. That'd be my worst nightmare, to be honest. I don't think I'm cut out for those sort of dualistic creative relationships. Too stubborn (Kevin Bacon wasn't in Footloose!)

4. Do you record your music? - I try, but my recording equipment is shit. One of my resolutions this year is to buy some decent gear.

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? - Not yet, but watch this space.

6. Are you a tech head? - Oh God no. I have absolutely no patience with technology at all.

7. What country do you live in? - In-ger-laaaand!

8. What are your ambitions? - To be able to make a living writing tunes and playing gigs. I don't expect to ever get rich off it, but if I could earn enough to support a family in some small measure of comfort I'd be very happy.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? - Yep, I write short stories, awful poetry, and I'm a dab hand with photoshop and can airbrush the shit out of anything.

What are your pastimes? - Writing music/lyrics, running,writing short stories, reading (I'm loving the 'Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire' books at the moment), chatting shit with my mates, rides, arcades, I could go on, but perhaps my favourite thing to do is grab my guitar/keyboard and just jam along to whatever comes up on Jango or Pandora. I can spend hours doing that.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? - Uncritical praise, undying love, adulation, hero worship, sexual favours, a few good weed connections and, if I'm really, really lucky a few of the useful tips on songwriting I so desperately need.

I think that covers the main musical things! - It sure does boy!

Edited by Nellington
  • Like 1

• Noob

hey everyone. im a 26 year old pianist/ vocalist. music has taken a backseat for the past few years due to my dental education. But I'm looking to get back into when i'm done with school

http://www.youtube.com/user/mattvaleriomusic22?feature=mhee

I went to Eastman School of Music for jazz piano. I sing. I write too.

not anymore. I'm in my 3rd year of dental school.

I have a facebook artist page and a youtube page.

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both? both

Do you have a writing partner? nope

yes: not as often as i'd like to.

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

i use my friends home gear.

Do you use a recording studio? sometimes

www.itunes.com/mattvalerio

I am a jazz pianist. I work a lot playing at restaurants, weddings, etc.

6. Are you a tech head? nope

8. What are your ambitions? I want to get my music heard, and share it with the world. Maybe lisence is to other artists.

I pull teeth and do fillings. haha

What are your pastimes?

Listening to music. I like to exercise. Practicing piano is my main pass time.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I'd like to get input, and get inspired.

• Like 1

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? Yes

What instruments? Drums and Guitar

When did you start playing? Drums

Did you teach yourself? Yes

2. Are you in a band or bands? A band

What is the name of the band? Suckfish

What do you play? Heavy

Do you have a band website? Not a completed website..... its in the works.

3. Do you write songs? Yes

Do you write lyrics, music or both? Both

Do you have a writing partner? No

4. Do you record your music? Yes

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use? Some times... Protools

Do you use a recording studio? Yes

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? Yes we do..... Its on soundcloud.com

6. Are you a tech head? Nope

8. What are your ambitions? To get a label

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? Draw and Write

What are your pastimes? Drawing, writing lyrics, music and just writing in general.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? Would love some critiques on our songs

I think that covers the main musical things!

• Like 1

• Noob

What instruments?

guitar

when I was 15

Did you teach yourself?

Yes

No

3. Do you write songs?

I write music and lyrics, have tried writing with a collaborator but never seriously

Do not have facilities

Do you have music available on the web? if so where? A couple of vids on You Tube

none

6. Are you a tech head?

no

UK

songwriting is mostly a hobby

I would consider myself an artist and mostly use watercolour and soft pastels to paint/draw

I also use a graphics tablet and various SW but not seriously

Does poetry count as different to lyrics?

I am also fond of photography

What are your pastimes?

the above

to share a little of my interest for music with interested others. I would also like to ikmprove my skills at both making music and composing/song writing

• Like 1

Hi all :)

What instruments?

Synthesizer, guitar and a bit of saxofon and vocals

When I was 15 or so

Did you teach yourself?

A bit of lessons and a lot of experimenting

2. Are you in a band or bands? No

3. Do you write songs?

Do you write lyrics, music or both?

Music and I'm doing my best on lyrics (having a hard time cause I'm dutch ;) )

Do you have a writing partner?No

Do you use a home studio? If so what gear do you use?

Computer is my main part using it with Sonar 8 and lots of plug-ins

Some DSP based FX and Synthcards running in my computer

a Few mics and guitars, some synthesizers and lots of cables :D

Do you use a recording studio?No

Not at the moment

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business?No

6. Are you a tech head?

Yes

Holland

Creating songs and trying to express these with lyrics

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?No

What are your pastimes?

Bit of sports (watching mostly), visiting forums, experimenting with building computers and musical related stuff, spend time in the garden, housekeeping

Getting knowledge more about writing song and lyrics, and a bit of exchange about it but I think most of my time her will be spend reading cause my prime language is dutch, so this will be informative enough ;)

Edited by LoveHurts
  • Like 1

• Noob

hi

am josephine,am from ghana but schoolin in italy.

i really like singing and dancing.

i would like to become a famous and great musician.

but i don't play any instrument,but i once had drum lessons.