Your Ad Could Be Here

Vocals Area Link Recommendations

Hi

We're looking for quality link suggestions for our vocals area... if you have any recommendations please drop a reply to this post with the recommended link.

Ideal sites would be tuition sites, organizations, support sites etc. :)

Cheers

John

• 2 months later...

hey

Just to say we are still looking for link recommendations for the vocals area... all suggestions are very welcome

Cheers

john

• 3 weeks later...

Bobby McFerrin

demonstrating

(that any use ?)

Hmm. It's interesting and of use... just not sure where. Nice demonstration! I'll think about where to place it :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello good people.

I found some useful freeware I thought you guys might like.

Lately, I spend more time trying to learn to sing well than I do anything else. 001_unsure.gif I tell friends and family that it has been much harder to sing than play the guitar. They all think I'm crazy.jumping36.gif lol. It really sucks to be able jam some fun songs that everyone knows and loves, but I can't carry a tune in a freakin bucket. lol.

I found this program last week, and I am trying to make use of it. Maybe you can too. Basically it's a tuner for your voice. They claim some other useful features, but I haven't got many of them to work as expected. I am using it to internalize the sound of me singing certain notes. I intend to expand into learning entire scales using this thing to check myself for accuracy.

My stumbling block has been the fact we don't hear our voice the same way we are perceived or recorded. Something to do with the vibration of the skull and facial tissue... idk.. sounds like bs to me, but the effect has become obvious as I started recording myself regularly. I found I had a real lack of consistency and many times my ears said good but really was very bad. I think this software will help with that.

This program plots your pitch on a graph showing the notes in real time. It also has a real time indicator of what note your singing. It does require your computer is mic'd. I use the line in. Not sure what it will do if you use the mic port.

Have fun and good luck!!

www.singintune.org

• 2 months later...

I might be slightly biased, but I think Singing Tips Blog and Ask a Vocal Coach are two pretty high quality content sites :-)

Oh, and thanks Cheryl for suggesting themodernvocalist.com site. Seems pretty cool!

• john unpinned this topic