Your Ad Could Be Here

Free Video Of Your Song!

Hey

Site member roflcopter has offered to make a free video, for Songstuff members, of one of their tracks!

The conditions are simple:

Submit the song(s) you would like us to consider by posting the url to this topic.

We will select what song gets made into a video, if any. Submitting your songs is not a guarantee that a video will be made..

Finished videos will be uploaded to the Songstuff Channel on YouTube and be displayed on Songstuff so we will need you to sign a waiver / copyright permission statement.

and

If you submit a song for consideration it must not have a pre-existing video.

If we don't select any of your songs we will explain why.

In addition to your existing board permissions we need further permission to edit and then distribute (place on YouTube, Songstuff etc) and broadcast (display publicly) sand transmit (send to people no matter what technology they are using) your video on a worldwide basis (it is the internet after all).

You retain all rights to your song. The video remains the property of Rob Hoogers who is creating these videos exclusively for Songstuff. Songstuff is licensed by both you (the artist) and by Rob Hoogers (the video producer). The video will be posted on our YouTube channel where the usual YouTube licensing applies.

Cheers

John

By submitting your urls/songs to this thread you will be deemed to have agreed to the copyright permission statement below, in addition however please return the completed permission statement below using the contact page.

COPYRIGHT PERMISSION

I(Your Name) as the copyright holder, or as a representative of thecopyright holder with permission to grant such rights, hereby expresslygrant Songstuff and its agents and roflcopter.eu exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, license and privilege to use,format, create derivate works, (re)produce, distribute, (re)broadcast,(re)transmit, and publicly and digitally display and / or perform thematerial(s) provided that I have incorporated into the work orsubsequent editions of the work now known or later developed, and Iclaim any rights, title and interest in the overall work. I also herebyexpressly grant Songstuff and roflcopter.eu exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, license and privilege to use,format, (re)produce, (re)distribute, (re)broadcast, (re)transmit,license, transfer and publicly and digitally display and / or performderivative works. Derivative works produced within the terms of thisagreement are wholly owned by either roflcopter.eu or Songstuff unless agreed and stated otherwise and I hold no claimsover such derivative works provided those works are not sold orotherwise delivered as whole or part of a paid for product.

The materials submitted include

(List your works)

Iagree to hold harmless the Publisher (Songstuff), its officers,directors, agents, employees, licensees, assignees and all personsacting under the Publishers permission or authority, or those for whomthe Publisher is acting, for all circumstances that arise as a resultof use of submitted materials.

This license is supplied and accepted on a good faith basis.

ACCEPTED AND AGREED:

By:

Title:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

And here it is on the Songstuff Channel:

The Songstuff Channel

What a great song my god don't we have some real talent on here

Hi Tom,

what you sent was just fine, we're still trying to work out the best upload format(s) and video-codecs etc that will give the best and smoothest quality on youtube. This one was actually encoded to .flv twice, once by me and once again by youtube, which is probably less than optimal, so what I'm currently doing is encoding one to 1920*1080 MP4, and I hope that will make the final encoding by youtube a bit smoother - and also add another size under the HD tab, 1080p.

Mind you, for those higher qualities to play back smoothly on your system, you *really* want a high-end system, (fast dual- or quad core, not a Pentium 4). In the latter case you probably want to stick to 480p or even 360p.

Just let us know what name you prefer in the description, and we can change it.

Hope you don't mind me picking this song, I kinda liked it best of the 3 - purely personal preference. :P

Hey Tom

I'm happy to go with what your artists name that is.... you choose what to display and it will be displayed no worries.

Cheers

John

Glad we agree it was the best choice... :)

OK, uploaded a high-res version to Youtube as a test, and it's indeed a lot smoother and clearer, if it does not get re-encoded as flv.

We'll re-upload the one on the Songstuff channel too, sometime over the weekend.

Hey

Anyone else? Come on, post up your songs!

Cheers

John

Anyone else? Come on, post up your songs!

I'd like to submit "Round This Time Of Year".

Only place to check it out right now is through our Hip Pocket jukebox player on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hip-Pocket-Music/95095406543?ref=ts

I'd like to submit "Round This Time Of Year".

Only place to check it out right now is through our Hip Pocket jukebox player on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hip-Pocket-Music/95095406543?ref=ts

Hi Lazz

hmm cannot get the player to work here for some reason. Hope I don't need to be logged in or something, cuz I don't do facebook, and am not planning to, either.

I guess it would be handier if you supplied a couple (3 or so) of mp3 files, 192 or 256 kbps, here or via pm, so I have a bit of choice - not all songs kick off the right vibe, hope you understand what I mean.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

While Rob is working his magic on Lazz's video, does anyone else have a song they would like considered?

Hi guys,

well, it's an off-limits forum to the general public, and I don't really mind - it will probably catch on when there's a few more videos online. Mind you, this is not exactly my main occupation ATM, so it's very easy to over-ask the one-man show here. :-[

I mean if I really wanted hundreds of requests for videos, I'd have posted it on some major place like digg or reddit, and probably would already regret it. :o

Didn't get much done over the weekend due to all sorts of other RL engagements, but I hope to have some of Lazz stuff online later this coming week. I've also been doing some preparatory stuff for a video for John, and will do one for Steve Mueske as well, so I am not complaining. ;D

it's very easy to over-ask the one-man show here.

I fear I would feel the same - only worse.

It's a great and valued thing you're doing, Rob.

I feel privileged that some of my junk is getting a chance.

Huge thanks

Mille grazis.

The song is called, "If I Had You Now"

I would love to see this as a video [smiley=bounce.gif]

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8349217

"If I Had You Now" is the best demo, but if you check out the other five songs, you might like something there, as well

Thanks,

-Tom

I fear I would feel the same - only worse.

It's a great and valued thing you're doing, Rob.

I feel privileged that some of my junk is getting a chance.

Huge thanks

Mille grazis.

Junk? Wish I could produce more of that calibre junk... :P

Currently encoding first version of 'Round this time of year' - will PM you the link when it's done, should be in half an hr or so.

Very gloomy imagery, but it's what the song evokes here.

Cognac, will check your stuff later tonight, and get back to you ASAP, see what I can do with it :)

Junk? Wish I could produce more of that calibre junk... :P

Currently encoding first version of 'Round this time of year' - will PM you the link when it's done, should be in half an hr or so.

Very gloomy imagery, but it's what the song evokes here.

Completely blown away, Rob.

Overwhelming.

Hi Lazz,

well, lets not get carried away here, it won't win any Academy Awards. :P

Tom, could you send me the mp3s in good quality (cannot download them for some reason, my old soundclick account got deactivated for lack of use I guess, and their captcha is broken ATM so cannot create a new account)

Anyway, soundclick brings your mp3 quality down to 128 kbps IIRC.

The songs I think I can do something with are

A song that sounds blue

and

If I had you now.

But TBH I think making one for a Song that sounds blue is actually going to work out better.

256 kbps or 320 would be fine.

TIA :)

Rob

Colin, your inbox is full. Uploaded it to the Songstuff channel, and have a dl link for a higher quality file for you. Will try again later. [smiley=bounce.gif]

Edited by Roflcopter

I am trying o find a way into my in-box to fix it's fullness and feeling like a fool 'cause I'm failing.

Colin, your inbox is full.

Sorted.

There's room in there now.