Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzbuggy

Waking To A Sun (Original Song)

Fuzzbuggy    1

Hi everyone!

Ok so i've been on a hiatus for a while but i'm back into it now, hopefully for good!

This is a song I made a while back. I was going through some serious fallouts with friends and started questioning my morals and integrity. Everything is ok now but during that time I wrote this song to deal with it.

This is just a live recording. I thought i'd do two guitars (rhythm and lead) for some change. There was ALOT of popping/clicking and I hadn't realised till i'd put all my equipment away. I think it was due to me recording from my USB hard drive. Also during the solo section I ended up improvising the solo on the spot so I did do some mistakes. Either way I hope you can still have a good impression of the song. I'd prefer if you listen in HD so the audio quality is better.

Please let me know what you all think!

Thank you,

Hurshy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ioDM-umXI

LYRICS:

Waking To A Sun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breathing slowly, breaking the silence from here

And the pictures forming, takes me astray

You said what you wanted to say

Believe it, i'm finding my way

Trying to deal with a lie I just can't comprehend

Pierces my skin for a moment, it stings but it fades

Break through the fire, tell me the time and the place

Maybe its time to sever the bonds that we made

Believe it, i'm finding my way

The promise was broken too soon

Afraid of the silent truth

I thought i'm waking to a sun

But i'm breaking one by one

*Solo section*

But believe it, i'm finding my way

The promise was broken too soon

Afraid of the silent truth

Hey Fuzz,

Quite cool song dude. Really great guitar playing. You have a good powerful vocal there and to be honest I was dying out for you to stretch yourself melodically there. It had the feeling of a big crash bamn wallop kinda chorus but I felt you played a little safe melodically. Whether that's your range but perhaps you could revisit it but I reckon if you play around and really go for it on the chorus you could find something even more powerful. I'm just listening again. Love the verse melody. Pre Chorus works well but yeah the chorus.. hmm looking at your lyrics I'm not sure if you even have one as your structure is a little unconventional. This needs a powerful chorus dude. With that verse and pre this could be awesome with a conventional structure.

JD

Fuzzbuggy    1

Hi JD!!

Thanks for the feedback buddy. I see what you mean with the chorus... maybe I should repeat it twice and add some lines before "I thought i'm waking to a sun". It would make more sense and give the chorus more power.

The structure of this song is very unconventional, it was an attempt at something different but I think if I add two more lines it gives the chorus TIME to build into something with a big bang. I'll take a look into it and see what I can do.

Thanks heaps for the feedback!

Moosebox    0

I really like the intro and the verse. prechorus too, but from what my ears tells me, some notes on the first chord on the solo/second guitar conflicts with the vocal melody. Or maybe your going for a more experimental thing there? i dont know:)

the chorus starts off nicely, but I`m not sure on the last chord of the chorus. It starts of powerful, though, with the first chord. It could be a great chorus.

about the chorus melody, I hear some dissonance when you sing "to a" I dont know if thats the performance or the melody. or maybe its that last chord I was talking about..;)

with all that said: this is a good song, but I think you can make it great:)

and the performance IS great.

Fuzzbuggy    1

Hi Moosebox!

Regarding that particular "to a" part, I was trying to go for a dark feel to it. I think I need to work on extending the chorus and giving it more of a melody. I will keep at it and see how I can make the song better.

Thanks heaps for the feedback.