Your Ad Could Be Here

What To Do Before Posting Your Songs On The Internet

Hey

If you happen to have time and interest infinding out what you should be doing before you post finished songs to the internet on your music site, cd baby etc...

What To Do Before Posting Your Songs On The Internet

Comments here or there (or both!) are very welcome. Please like my page on Facebook and subscribe to my blog!

Many Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

John,

Good information. I bookmarked it for future reference.

Concerning your tune....

Very nice! Excellent recording as well. Everything was very clear. Was that you on guitar? How did you master the bass?

• 2 months later...

Great, John. Thanks.

Thanks BlackHawkFan! On Awaken I played the acoustic guitar. The Bass is a synth bass. :)

Ed & BlackHawkFan, I'm glad you both liked the article :)

• 3 months later...

This is a great article. Thanks to my brother's band I was familiar with copyrighting each song (actually, I didn't know you could do a whole record for the price of one!), but I had no idea about the rest. I will be passing the word on to them, as I doubt they are familiar with this either! :)

Edited by austinmackert

• 6 months later...
  • Noob

Useful information, thanks john.Never thought about creating an IRSC code before, I'll look into that a bit more.

John your voice has a lot of emotion, (the kind girls like) wink wink. Keep on keeping on...

Thanks Martha :) I'll get that CD done at some point. The songs are written and part recorded, which is at least a start. Now if only I could make the time to get it finished! lol Just now my time just seems to evaporate. I've been so busy working in the behind the scenes on Songstuff trying to put some big improvements in place that all I seem to do is sleep and work on those improvements. Once I get them all in place I will be able to relax and get back to making my own music finishing the recordings. that said I have still managed to write a few new songs during coffee breaks :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi John this might be a silly question but this is all very new to me still.

When you say create an ISRC code and "encode it into your master", how do you that exactly (the encoding part that is)? You might have explained it in the post, I'm just not sure if I understood it.

Also, just in case you care, I noticed a small typing error in the first line of the paragraph before step 3. Just a heads up!

Thanks for this post though, it's very useful and will definitely put my mind at rest after putting it into use.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • john unpinned this topic