Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From Worcestershire!

• Noob

I'm new to this forum. I'be been trying fairly unsuccessfully to write decent songs since the age of about 12 (I'm 16 now). I want to write in the style of musicians such as Alex Turner, Morrissey, Thom Yorke and other alternative/indie/rock/pop music. I hope I will find useful information on this site and maybe give useful advice to others. Any questions don't hesitate to send me a message!

Worcestershire! I used go through that county a lot on the M5 on my way to Bristol. Can't remember what junction it was but from the motorway you can see a hill with a solitary tree at its brow. I don't know why but I loved that hill and tree.

Anyway welcome!

I know that 19 seems old to you now
Age ain't nothing but a number Tom, like ........... 16, lol

Worcestershire, I had a mate from there when I was your age, the land that must now be called for PC reasons, "the opposite of white country" - lol.

Well your being here is a good decision and a good choice too - so welcome.

Whichever part of songwriting you feel weak in (maybe it's everything as you don't say), there's an abundance of articles to help you through the blogs, community articles and the specific forums, so spend the time to search and read up so you can join in.

Are you in a band? Are you a soloist? What have you done to promote yourself up to now? - just a few questions that maybe you can answer in your "About Me" part of your profile.

Enjoy :)

• Noob

Worcestershire! I used go through that county a lot on the M5 on my way to Bristol. Can't remember what junction it was but from the motorway you can see a hill with a solitary tree at its brow. I don't know why but I loved that hill and tree.

Anyway welcome!

Yeah when returning from school trips on the coach we would wait for the hill and tree and everyone would cheer when they saw it!

Age ain't nothing but a number Tom, like ........... 16, lol

Worcestershire, I had a mate from there when I was your age, the land that must now be called for PC reasons, "the opposite of white country" - lol.

Well your being here is a good decision and a good choice too - so welcome.

Whichever part of songwriting you feel weak in (maybe it's everything as you don't say), there's an abundance of articles to help you through the blogs, community articles and the specific forums, so spend the time to search and read up so you can join in.

Are you in a band? Are you a soloist? What have you done to promote yourself up to now? - just a few questions that maybe you can answer in your "About Me" part of your profile.

Enjoy :)

I don't understand what you mean.

• 1 month later...

Welcome, Guitarfan :) ...