TheBrewer

Still Wakin'up!

10 posts in this topic

Hello again guys!

Here's one that i really like! I'm in the process of writing this song's lyrics and so far, all the tracks are done except the vocals. The only part i did is the chorus, which we have a piece here: UPDATE © Pascal Desbiens

Now the full version is here: --- Still wakin' up © Pascal Desbiens 2011

I would appreciate your feedback since english is not my main language...

Thanks in advance!

Pascal

Edited by TheBrewer

The vocals seemed a bit too far back as heard through my earbuds.

Overall, I liked the feel of this tune. It has a good groove, and I enjoyed the accompaniment.

It's hard to judge an entire song just by the chorus. This example could also work as a verse IMO.

Time to stop teasing and provide the entire tune.

:grindance:

Cho

Look up at the first thread up there... I updated the song, now the full version's there! Have a listen and tell me what you think!!!!

Thanks guys!

Pascal

Love it :) Definitely classic. If it was me,I would have the vocals a "lil" bit up on the volume. To bring the wee bit extra character out of it.

Solos were simple but did the job :)(second solo I might use a different patch,just my thoughts).

Overall,a very good one Pascal,

Keep em comin!

Mahesh

Musically, it works very well.

I do agree with the others about some of the volume changes. The vocal is fine in the verses, but in some of the choruses, it cuts back too dramatically, I think. I'd like the chorus to kick off and be the focus, but it isn't right now.

I'm less keen on the lyric. I'm guessing that your first language is French, and your audience may also be French-speaking - so it may be fine. However, some of the stresses aren't falling right and it's not really "speaking to me". Maybe it's too introspective. The hook isn't coming through. I found myself trying to remember what the song was called, and had to look it up :(

The sound is good, and the doubling was good. I was getting an Eagles feel in places, vocally.

It works as it stands, but could benefit from some tweaks, in my opinion.

Brewer,

The chorus makes sence now that you've added the rest of the song. Much thanks.

I liked the song overall. I especially liked the theme. Maybe it's the space I'm in currently....

Alistair makes some good points, but I didn't have a problem with the lyrics. And I fully agree about the Eagles thing.

Cho

Thanks guys!

On my side, i really like this one... And it's true about the Eagle's thing!! Even if i never listen to them!

It's cool. It's not something I would usually listen to but it's well done. Sounds like a Bon Jovi song lol.

Hey,

I like the sound to this song, I like the lyrics and the volumes, but, I think it wouldn't be bad to change the title of the song into something more... cathing... Something that's easily remembered and matched to the song.

Cheers,

Cappa

The Bon Jovi thing came in my mind the first time i recorded it.... :-P

Cappa, that would be a nice idea... Something to suggest guys??

Thanks!

The Brewer