ImKeN

Working On It

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This is a tune I just started working on and it consists of only a verse, pre-chorus and chorus. It has ideas for vocal melodies which can be identified by the piano. There are no lyrics for this tune, yet.

If possible, I would like some feedback on: contrast and genre. Let me know also, if you think this tune is worth writing lyrics to?

It's temporarily named, "Working On It." ---> http://www.myspace.com/remoteoutofcontrol

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by ImKeN

I'm hearing pop. More specifically, "boy band" type pop, with harmonies.

I'd say it is worth working on. It may need more as it progresses in terms of additional instrumentation, but that will depend on what the vocals do.

In short - yes.

I'm hearing pop. More specifically, "boy band" type pop, with harmonies.

I'd say it is worth working on. It may need more as it progresses in terms of additional instrumentation, but that will depend on what the vocals do.

In short - yes.

Im in uncharted waters! I think I might have to turn back..haha

Thanks so much for that feedback, Alistair! I've never thought of attempting to write a boy band song before, but Im always up for a good challenge! Don't know what the boy band market is like today, so I'll have to do a little research.

Thanks again,

Ken

It sounds good to me, like previously stated totally boy band-ish vibe which is a good thing, to me anyway. I'm just not sure about that piano though. I feel like it's too sharp or something. Maybe use another one? Something more toned down?

I concur.....very mainstream pop feel to it, really nice melodic movement to what you've got. Given it's likely market segment, I guess I'd have to suggest some type of relationship lyric. Sorry I didn't have anything more more useful for feedback, but I do like what you've got thusfar.

BTW - very cool look to your myspace site....excellent! :thumbup: Makes me ashamed to have one-LOL

Tom

Shamrock:

Thanks for the feedback! Don't worry about the piano, it'll be gone as soon as I do a vocal recording.. and that will be done as soon as I find some lyrics.. :eusa_think:

Tom:

I was definitely aiming for a mainstream pop sound - Pop/R&B to be exact. Something to do with love for the lyrics will do, I guess lol My Myspace page has been like that for a year now, not much activity goin' on. :sweatdrop:

Thanks again for the comments, guys. I really appreciate it. :001_smile:

Ken

Edited by ImKeN

Nice one Ken :)

Nice lyrics and feel to the song.I'd add in more instrument aprts,maybe chimes at places to make the chorus come out more,anything that you would like to add in more energy to the second/last chorus. Keep us updated on how you go about with this Ken,a very good job no doubt. :)

Mahesh

I can see a clear potential in this one. It would have been nice to hear it with real instruments. It sounds a bit to "Midi" to my ears the way it is right now. But as said, a clear potential for a nice feelgood poptune.

Mahesh: Thank you for the feedback. Im guessing that u listened to a different song called, "Adventurous Love?" But thanks anyway for your feedback. :thumbup1:

Tambarskjelve: I don't really play any instrument but if this song ever turns out to be great once it's completed, I think I can get a good producer to do just that. Thanks for your feedback. :rolleyes:

Ken