Your Ad Could Be Here

Testimonials

Hi

Testimonials are useful comments about a site, made by the users of that site.

Here at Songstuff we would love to use testimonials from our members to show to visitors who might be considering membership.

If you would like to leave a testimonial about Songstuff and it's benefits simply reply to this topic with your comments.

Many thanks!

Cheers

John

PS Please reply to the Facebook post to let other members know you posted here, and / or share it with your friends. If you cannot find a Facebook post about this, please simply create a new topic on the Songstuff Facebook page linking here:)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I joined this site to improve one lyric - 5 (or more?!) years later and I've learned loads, written more and had a lot of fun with the great community on here!

Love it!

Rohan :)

• Like 2

Visiting Songstuff is kind of like the modern cyberspace equivalent of the old artist's hangout in Soho (where the real denizens of Manhattan used to - and still do - HANG.) Only the airline ticket to get there is MUCH cheaper! And the amount of artists you get to connect with and run your ideas off of is never-ending. It is the modern day "ARTISTIC MECCA"! I highly recommend that every songwriter join up, immediately.

Sincerely, Cheryl Hodge

2010 nominee for Best Jazz Song; 2011 nominee for Best Blues Song, Hollywood Music In Media Awards

http://cherylhodge.com

• Like 3

I joined Songstuff just a little over 5 years ago,(this was one of my better ideas) i was a budding singer songwriter who aspired to do better.

Being a part of the Songstuff community allowed me to post my lyrics for my fellow musicians to check out and gain valuble advice, the site has some very gifted musicians who helped me get the best out of my raw talent.

It has helped me become more confident in my own abilitys as well as learning new ways of putting my songwriting across the site has an abundance of knowledge between the many members some of who have become firm friends, it has learned me to be more open minded where other styles of music are concerned

thomas( Lead vocals & guitarist with Strangetouch )

• Like 4

The songstuff music community provided inspiration and friendship for me when I was going through college and serving my time as a sound engineer. There are many talented people with experience in songwriting, production and the business side of the music industry. Songstuff is a vibrant and diverse community. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to further their understanding of music, whether they are a hobbyist or looking towards a career in the industry.

Graeme Young, Sound Engineer.

• Like 3

Songstuff has showed a path to this ignorant soul. Four years back while looking for a virtual band I stumbled across this beautiful community. The people on board are pro at what they do as well as warm and friendly. Within weeks I made some awesome friends as well as guide and mentors. I was first introduced to Bass Guitar (which, now is my main instrument) here. The articles, the topics and information on songstuff is really helpful.

This place is my second virtual home. If you are an artist or producer or just an amature lyricist. This is the place to be.

Prayag

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whether you've just embarked on your musical journey, or you've already travelled thousands of miles, and had your shoes stolen, SongStuff has a wealth of resources for you. Articles on a variety of subjects related to the craft & business of music, and a vibrant, diverse, friendly and helpful community of users.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for a site of this capacity for quite some time. It is very encouraging to get feedback for the work that one does. SongStuff is fantastic! There are bright minds here and we can all improve from each other. That's how you become great. Awesome site.

• Like 2

I joined SongStuff less than a week ago and I'm already amazed with the people and the creative flow that happens here. As a budding musician and lyricist who's publishing his lyrics for review for the first time it means a lot to me that people can be so positive yet at the same time be so helpful to improving my writing. The huge amount of lyrical and musical ideas tossed around on here is inspiring and can often lead to some genius revelations of your own. I can imagine myself being a regular as SongStuff for a very long time.

• Like 3

this site is like an escape for me. I can actually talk to other artists, in my neck of the woods I don't often get that chance. There is so much info and help here and the friendly attitude in the staff propel the same in its participants, which is a rare bird in itself. Everyone should come to songstuff for music info and for self promotion and networking. It's the only place I've found that just makes complete and utter... sense.

:D

• Like 3

I know there are other forums out there, I've even snooped around, but none seem to have such a strong community feel to them as SongStuff. I'm still relatively new to the site, but I've found a bunch of friends who all share a common interest. We're all here because we have a passion for what we do. We'd do it until the day we die even if we never made a penny out of it just because we just love the process of putting our thoughts into words that we hope someone enjoys reading/listening to.

So, a very big thank you to John and all the SongStuffers for making this such a great place for us to fearlessly bear our souls!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since I love writing, I joined SongStuff December last year to publicize some of my works. My first topic received a somewhat hurtful critiques which brought me down, really down. However, being rejected or criticized can actually challenge you, right? Anyway, that enriching experience caused me to write more lyrics... write, write, write!!! And I'm glad that after how many months, I GREW!

Basically, SongStuff serves as a good avenue for everyone who loves music to GROW. :)

SMILE, SongStuff!

Edited by pastel
  • Like 2

Songstuff is one of three writers' groups I pay attention to online these days. I have been a writer for 30-odd years. I have learned I cannot write well in a vacuum (by definition, vacuums suck). I need constructive criticism. I need input. I get some here. There's a somewhat different mix of styles and backgrounds on Songstuff which is on occasion very helpful; when I needed to learn about heavy-metal music--how it worked and how it was put together--so I could write a country death metal song, this was the first place I went to--and I got a lot of good help. One of my best collaborations happened here, too: "Simple Questions," co-written with a kid (he was 36) from Norway. I'd never have met him were it not for you folks. So thanks. It's good to be here.

• Like 2

I joined Songstuff just a few months ago. I have found it a friendly and supportive place to be, especially for someone like me, who is new to the whole process of songwriting. I would particularly recommend Songstuff to anyone who, like myself, has just started out. At first, I thought it might be a bit intimidating for someone like me, who is purely a lyricist and not a musician, but how wrong could I be!!

I have been welcomed into the Songstuff community and I have learned such a lot from some of the extremely talented and knowledgeable people who are members here.

My musician friend who introduced me to Songstuff asked me yesterday about the number of posts listed on my profile and whether I had really made that many and my reply was 'Yes, because actually I am now addicted to Songstuff' :)

Edited by JanHutchinson
  • Like 2

I came here to get some critiques on my songs and it worked like charm. Here's the best part. I never liked my vocals or thought I should use them but the great people on here kept encouraging me to keep singing and turn them up. So now when I work on a song I can rest a little easier when it comes to using my voice and mixing my songs. If that was the only thing I got out of Songstuff it would be more than good enough. But on top of that, I've gotten some great feedback and suggestions on how to make my songs better. Thank You Songstuff!!

Just 1L

Randy Drilingas

Edited by just1l
  • Like 2

I've only been a member for one day and by critiquing others I see where I can improve my skills as a songwriter. Get an idea of what others are looking for in a song, sharpen your writing capabilities. The industry is always looking for great songwriters who can produce hits and here's a way to test the waters to see if your song needs work or is ready for the next step. Thanks John for creating this community of songwriters!

• Like 2

I find songstuff to be a great place to be. Critically listening and replying to others' songs is actually helping me to improve songs I write, both lyrically, technically and musically. Other than that I think there's a lot of talented people on here. Songstuff is a great start to fine tune your songs and listen to other musical influences.

• Like 2

I first joined Songstuff back in May of 2003. It was still developing at that time, but the seed of a great idea germinates quickly. The ethos of the site has flowered into a magical place for musicians, songwriters and lyricists alike. The atmosphere is second to none and a friendly welcome awaits any and all who enter it's doors. No matter what stage of accomplishment you have attained, whether just starting out, or seasoned pro, you'll get good advice, and excellent critical examinations from your peers. It's a remarkable place with an excellent team of writers, moderators and staff, and run superbly by the 'Guvnor' John Moxey. I would, and do recommend this site to anybody wishing to dip their toes into the tepid waters that is the world of songwriting! (Towels are chargeable) Please do pop in for a chat! Or just to read some of the fantastic articles on offer! It's all free!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I joined songstuff to put some of my songs out there to people who have not known me or followed my band in anyway or have been drinking all night,you know the whole YOU GUYS ROCK thing. I have found even as a new member that the members on this site are helpful and honest when it comes to your music if you want opinions of your music good or bad you:ll get it and more.The members here will advise you and point out the good and the bad of your music .That has ,and I remind you I am a new member.... helped me already! I"m happy I found this forum as I love to write music and love to learn as much as I can about writting music. Oh all the members are very nice people too! People who like yourself write and play music,what could be a better tool in your gig bag than 1000 song writters giving you advise.

If your thinking of joining this site think no more,If you write music you need songstuff! Steve

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I joined the songstuff community not knowing what to expect and finding more then i ever expected. Tips, tricks, advice, positive feedback along with the negative. And Hoping to make new friends with the same interests and goals in writing amd learning this great art.

• Like 2