Your Ad Could Be Here

Which Bass Do You Consider Your "baby" Or Prize Bass?

I am in love with my hofner bass with my DR flatwound strings! :heartpump:

So what is your prize bass? Price is just a number, it is the memories we have with our guitars and how they have shaped our playing and developed our styles that makes it valuable.

post-9434-0-04377500-1338347279_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always liked Tobias basses, they're expensive and not as versatile as I'd like them to be

I think there's noooothing like Fender basses, Roscoebeck, Jazz Bass, or Precision

http://www.youtube.com/user/pablodellabella/videos

http://www.pablodellabella.com

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

My Fender Jaguar has served me really well :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Back in 2007, I was living in NYC where I played in a  band that was like a dark-yet-poppy version of the Yardbirds mixed with the La's.  We wanted to get a vintage sound and look for the band so we all bought old instruments.

Being a broke ex-college student and musician paying $15k for an apartment on the edge of slums and hipsterville in Brooklyn, I almost sold my Gibson Les Paul Custom to buy a new bass.  Almost.  I'm so glad I didn't because if I had a dime for every old man in a guitar shop who told me the wish they never sold their vintage guitar, I'd be be infuriating bank tellers with my wheel barrow dime deposits.  

Luckily I came to my senses and found a 1976 Fender Music Master on e-bay that was going for ~$400.  Fortunately, I got more than I paid for;  the bass has Bill Lawrence pickups on it instead of the single coil factory pickup.post-17536-0-42409900-1410539533_thumb.j

It's a short scale, and you definitely can't slap on it, but the tone is still so warm and round that I usually don't use an amp live, I just go direct because I don't want to color the tone. It's perfect for getting a McCartney-like bass tone on some of my recording projects.

Here's what they normally look like without the Bill Lawrence pickup: post-17536-0-66732100-1410539585_thumb.j

• 11 months later...