Your Ad Could Be Here

Jeanie Flowers, Back From The Dead, Or So It Seems

Hey there folks! I've been a member here for a long time but haven't been around for a while. Had a significant dry period and hadn't written a note in years - I blame my children :) But now the kids are older and they allow me a moment to myself from time to time, and I managed to squeeze in enough moments to actually write a new song - just finished it last night and did a rough recording. If you would care to give it a listen, you can check it out on my soundcloud 

http://snd.sc/177Mqk8

or play the attached file.

That's my daughter on the Hammond B3, by the way ;)

Happy to meet you all and get reacquainted!

jeanie

Finally.mp3.mp3

Jeanie, HoboSage beat me to it, this homage to the golden years of female singer/songwriters is stunning. I listened to it earlier then went out to breakfast and had the hook turning over and over in my singing brain. An instant classic! And I like the synchronicity of your daughter p(l)aying her dues on the Hammond for holding you up for years ;) She has a nice touch but your singing and especially your playing are so rich and fulsome.

Welcome back indeed; yours is the sort of aching, pure female voice that leaves us blokes for dead. I submit to my assassination: beautiful!!!

hey Jeannie.... welcome back!

Hey, thank you, all of you! Yeah, David. When the ideas for this song were coming together, remembering that time in my life, the best way I could conjure up to encapsulate that experience was through Janis Ian's iconic song - who could possibly say it any better than she did? I don't know if I'll get popped by the copyright Nazis or not, but I'll leave those lines as is until I'm told/ordered/requested/commanded to do otherwise, and then I'll figure out a way to change it just enough so that people still get it but Ms Ian's rights aren't trod upon. It's good to be back! Unless inspiration smacks me upside the head again first, my next big project is to write some lyrics for some of my extremely talented daughter's pieces - what you hear on the B3 in this song is only the barest tip of the proverbial iceberg. I may be popping into the lyrics forums for help on those from time to time :)

As I posted on my facebook timeline, I feel like I've finally gotten my life back, and it's an amazing feeling!

jeanie

Hi, Jeanie.

Welcome back! I understand how you feel...I took 10 years off writing to homeschool my daughters and then to get back on my feet, etc. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Beautifully written, sung, and played song! Looking to hear more from  you! 

Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

Yes, it is a great feeling. Congrats to you too! Time to take our lives back!

jeanie

Hi

Welcome back :)

Jan

Archived