Your Ad Could Be Here

Soundcloud And Youtube

Every time I upload a song to Soundcloud, YouTube, and Reverbnation (The only places I upload my songs) my sound quality goes down. The sounds isn't really distorted, it's just like it gets way quieter than the original. 

I upload my songs in WAV format. Is there any way to fix this problem?

as far as I am aware at upload files are encoded as mp3 using an mp3 encoder. Better that you control that step and give them the finished product and use the encoder that gives you the best results. I am assuming here that you have properly mastered the song to the correct level in the first place. If not, and you are not sure how, I woul recommend using a decent mastering service. It may take a little time to pick one but isn't usually expensive.

Once mastered there are several free mp3 encoders you can use. Check the recommended mp3 spec for each site and then see which encoder gives the best results and upload the output file.

It's inevitable, these services are free they try to limit the resources we use to keep costs down, compression is just one way to do that. I think they only way around it would be if we hosted our wavs on our own servers and shared those links, but that would side-step the cohesion/community of youtube and soundcloud...