Your Ad Could Be Here

Virtual singer

Man, no offense but that is really bad! = English version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I wanted opinions. "Strangers in the night" is one of the worst.

But "La vie en rose" and "L'aigle noir" are different. They sound more (to my ears) like bad recording/editing of a real singer than coming from a computer.

Didier

Hi Steve,

I think this could be a useful tool for those of us that aren't Dan of Pilfa confession box.  :) As a songwriter that can't really sing, I am continually frustrated with myself. If I could get this software to do it for me, I would be quite happy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for a different opinion.

There's a lot of confusion, usually, between composer and singer/instrumentist. Because, I guess, most heroes of "modern" music have been both.

Having said that! I think it has a long long way to go before that becomes a reality! At the moment, I see this as a useful tool for backing vocals.

Yes, backing vocals.

But I was more thinking of a tool for a composer. Not (obviously, given the current state of the art) to make final recordings. But to make demos, test ideas, etc.

Didier

We should all also remember that all new revolutions have triggered tremendous negativity from the established groups.

- Moving Jazz into the eletrical era (Miles Davis).

- Using synthezisers (A lot of bands)

- ... I bet you can come up with more ...

anyone got some music with this on..... i would love to hear it.....

I agree with the boxes that keep singers in tune etc when recording but i cant see how you can make a song with singing without a singer..

Thats is the heart of the song and i dont think that aspect of it should be fake.

Defintely something that i cant i see taking off.

But i would never disrepsect someone from using it if for instance you have no singer and it really is the only way. But i think the outcome would be pretty stale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess like any instrument, practice is the key!If you become proficient enough with the program, then there is no reason it shouldn't sound pretty good!

I still think that having an 'auto tune' is worse than this. Alistair pointed out that a British Girl band 'Girls Aloud' (?) sound OK on a recording, but out of tune and crap on TOTPs. I think if you are going to call yourself a singer, one of the requirements should be an ability to sing!

I guess like any instrument, practice is the key!If you become proficient enough with the program, then there is no reason it shouldn't sound pretty good!

I still think that having an 'auto tune' is worse than this. Alistair pointed out that a British Girl band 'Girls Aloud' (?) sound OK on a recording, but out of tune and crap on TOTPs. I think if you are going to call yourself a singer, one of the requirements should be an ability to sing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tune myself - and most recording artists do these days. The reason it is more neccesary than before is that all the instruments are getting so more in pitch too - all synths and the guitars have Buzz Feiten Tuning system. A voice which before sounded ok will now sound out of tune.

Also: I mostly sing in key, but I'd rather have a good emotional performance than the exact key - so I tune it a bit instead of doing it 20 times (which kinda kills the emotion). I just do it so you don't hear it's done.

sorry didier, i didn't mean to tread on your toes dude 8)

i wasn't po'd as my last post on this sounded honest mate! - i find it ain't too easy to articulate yourself sometimes in this cosmic world of mere text..

when i am recording, it mostly takes me umpteen takes to get my vox down and on the money, but i'm satisfied to listen back and know i gave it everything i could.. personal acheivment n' all ya know..

i would say this software is cool for formulating ideas/demos - rock on to that - but as a substitute urrgh.. horrible!

[smiley=rockin.gif]

sorry didier, i didn't mean to tread on your toes dude 8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No issue, I wasn't wearing my blue suede shoes :)

when i am recording, it mostly takes me umpteen takes to get my vox down and on the money, but i'm satisfied to listen back and know i gave it everything i could.. personal acheivment n' all ya know..

I try to make not that many takes, but concentrate very hard on each take. I.e., I press record when I think I can do it (but I do umpteen rehearsals before that). And I normally don't do punch in/punch out. If I fail, even at 10 seconds from the end, I usually start from the beginning again.

Didier

good topic mr Didier

to me it sounds like an intersting software as i am a non-singer but a writer.

trying to get your message accross often incures more than words/music..

i think a simulated example of what a writer is trying to create is a good idea

it gives the real singer an understanding of where a writer is coming from

altho it may sound cold compaired to the real voice

ya just can't win them all

;)