Your Ad Could Be Here

Landslide Stevie Nicks Cover By Zarah Strong

Hi!I am a true blue country girl, raised on a fair, from a very small town, went to school in the middle of a corn field, ya know, the usual! I'm fairly new to this site as well as youtube! I recently moved to Nashville to study Music Business. I love country music. It's my absolute passion! I would love it if you would critique this video and share if you like it. I know it is far from perfect and I know I am my #1 worst critic so I was wanting to get some other opinions. I kind of just uploaded it to see what people thought, and I am planning on uploading a much better one this weekend. Most of what I will upload will be covers, however, I do right my own songs I just don't want to upload them until I have all the legal copyright stuff going on. Until then, I would love it if you would let me know what you think! 

I agree with HoboSage, you have a good voice! Keep singing and try to hone your own unique style. :)

• 2 months later...

Constructive criticism,

Watch and listen to the video. Watch your face, see the emotion? To me it has little to do with the lyrics or music. In the last second a big smile kind of says to me you are thinking "thank god that's over" Listen to your phrasing and try and pick the songs you regularly listen to are injected into what you are singing. It seems you are lacking confidence. I'm guessing you haven't sung Landslide many times before.

You have natural talent but you need to put in a lot of hard work and nurture what you have. Build your skills and confidence so you can get comfortable with yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Posting covers can be a tricky situation.  I never do it because people tend to look down on it and I could never do a song justice anyway as much as the original artist did it, so what's the point, license or no.  Besides, we've already heard what Stevie did with the song. It would be much more interesting to hear what Zarah can make of her own.

But, FWIW, you did a nice job with the cover.  Get some originals up there, kiddo.

John B.

I think you did a good job on the tune & more importantly made yourself vulnerable....Took a big step here

This has more of a DIXIE CHIX vibe than STEVIE for sure in it.....Your phrasing was definitely DIXIE CHIX, "well maybe" was something the CHIX threw in.........Also remember this song was built on TRAVIS Picking....As a Country Singer, doing this as a cover with a single Guitar, with TRAVIS picking would give it a touch more authenticity.....Study how Lindsey Buckingham plays this tune on YouTube, it is amazing how much fuller the tune sounds with the picking pattern....

I would pick a Cover that HASN"T been covered before and been a SMASH a second time....To kind of make your own....Not only did I compare you to Stevie but also to the Dixie Chix.....I personally LOVE both versions....STEVIES recording quality is below the CHIX...But it was THE CLASSIC song from a CLASSIC. ICONIC band...and so simple

This song goes down on a couple melody spots which were tough for Stevie to be heard on the original recording in a studio...How much tougher live on YouTube to pick up those notes, with I'm guessing a single mic......

I am a Country & Christian Artist & can tell you this...You are in the right spot to develop your gifts, being in Nashville...lots of people to learn from & a ton of Talent all around you....Be you, & find your voice....

• 1 month later...

Hi!I am a true blue country girl, raised on a fair, from a very small town, went to school in the middle of a corn field, ya know, the usual! I'm fairly new to this site as well as youtube! I recently moved to Nashville to study Music Business. I love country music. It's my absolute passion! I would love it if you would critique this video and share if you like it. I know it is far from perfect and I know I am my #1 worst critic so I was wanting to get some other opinions. I kind of just uploaded it to see what people thought, and I am planning on uploading a much better one this weekend. Most of what I will upload will be covers, however, I do right my own songs I just don't want to upload them until I have all the legal copyright stuff going on. Until then, I would love it if you would let me know what you think! 

you a a great voice. as far as copyright is concerned i thought if you wrote it down that is proof of copy right

Hallo....

I really like the voice. You have nice tone to work with, it's made for country stuff I think. But in my country, Sweden, this is a small changer. I would really like to hear you voice in your own song looking forward to that.

Do you sing other stuff too or is it just country?

Regards

Göran

• 3 weeks later...

this is good but. maybe just me but why cover a song if you are not bringing any thing different to it ,

there are albums punk does pop . now that is how to cover a song PO

scotsman

Your voice is pretty and you really suit country. If I was going to be really picky I would say to watch your tuning a little bit, but I do honestly think you sound great and this is not a problem throughout the whole song. I enjoyed listening a lot. Well done! 

:) 

It takes courage to put yourself out on a limb like this but it takes real balls to do it with an original composition...that said, you have a sweet voice but unfortunately you will probably be just another face in the crowd in Nashville.

You need to get out to every open stage, every club, every studio and not take no for an answer and be prepared for rejection because they will hand it to you in spades.

That said PM me and I'll put you in contact with a songwriter and a producer in Nashville that will tell you the honest truth about your chances and point you in the right direction to make the most of those chances. 

I truly wish you all the best but you're in shark infested waters that are as ruthless as anything Hollywood throws at actors

(edited to add...where are you studying?)

A lefty to boot! Landslide was the first song my wife and I recorded together. Have you ever heard the Smashing pumpkins version. Haunting. Any way you have a nice voice. Keep up the good work country girl.

Archived