Your Ad Could Be Here

Producers...

Yes, hence my earlier statement copy/pasted in below.

"You need to try and hook up with a songwriter/collaborator. Lyrics are simply a part of total equation"

Still not certain you picked up on the intent of my last post Don. My point was....if all you have is lyrics, you're wasting your time trying to hook up with "a producer". What are they going to do with just a lyric? If you did find someone willing to work with just a lyric, they're going to want MONEY and it'll lead nowhere. They'll simply take whatever money you have to spend and that will be that. The industry's full of folks who operate like that.

Good luck with your quest!

But what is there to do with the collaborator? What could I do with them that I can't do with a producer?

I read the lyrics you posted in the lyrics section. It reads like a rap. So if that's what it is then you need to either rap it or hook up with a rapper.

My gut feeling was that you at least imagined the flow of it when you wrote it, so maybe you performed it inside your head...or maybe out loud... either way suggests that you could perform it. So if you can, record it (even simply with a phone if you have no mic) and that's probably what you'd be best showing to a producer.

I think the genre makes a difference to the approach.... so, sorry if I'm mistaken about your intended genre.

@MonoStone I completely agree with everything you said. I did imagine the flow of it when I wrote it.

And yes, genre does make a huge difference.

Also, I recorded my rap on iPhone Voice Memo, and showed it to a friend. He said to me "It's not bad, you just sound inexperienced".

• 2 years later...