Your Ad Could Be Here

Performing A Couple Chopin Etudes

It has been a long time since I've been around ☺ï¸

I have been EXTREMELY busy honing my skills at the piano over the past four months. I felt that simply being a composer wasn't enough; I needed to actually PLAY the piano as well.

The Chopin Etudes are an excellent way to gain muscle strength, dexterity, control, along with the feeling of accomplishing a very musically enjoyable piece to the ears. I have memorized 6 of the 24 Etudes so far, and I am loving it.

Here are some videos of me playing a couple of them:

In a couple of weeks, on November 17th, I will be performing many pieces in a concert at a local community hall. If possible, I will share that concert here, once it is over ^_^

I hope you enjoy!

I did enjoy.

I am especially impressed that Etude 4 is played with a picture of Venice(?) instead of the sheet music. Was that the correct tempo though? It was a tad too fast to make it all out.

Etude 1 sounded perfect.

Look fwd to the November 17th postings.

Thanks Rudi, I really appreciate your taking the time to listen :-)

Sharp eye! It looks like Venice, but it's actually Paris, where Chopin composed much of his work.

Op. 10 No. 4 is "Presto con fuoco", meaning, fast, with fire! Tempos vary; I actually chose a snail's pace compared to some pianists, haha! (*cough*RICHTER)

Again, thanks ^_~

HAHA. That is funny.

My fingers are naturally quite short and fat. They are even more so in the second video, because I have dry skin that gets swollen in autumn and winter :-( I have very bad eczema.

• 1 month later...

Well, here's a clip of me playing another Chopin Etude at the concert, Op. 25 No. 12 ...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JsJLPcnbIu8

I hope you enjoy :-)

(That concert was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done!)

That was a great concert. I'm sure you were nervous. I get nervous tuning my guitar in front of people! I thought you did a great job though and you couln't tell you were terrified at all. :)

Randy

Archived