Your Ad Could Be Here

Chat Chat Chat Chat Chat

Hi Gang

On top of the lounge boards, which are for a broad range of topics, one of our members (Symphonious7) has suggested a general chat thread to make it nice and easy for newer members to read through and get to know the site members a lil better..

Being the sort of obliging site that we are, I thought, why not?

So, have at it, be most chatty, chat your socks off, hell, chat them back on again. 3, 2, 1 go!

:)

Cheers

John

• Like 3

I feel so special hahahaha I don't know how many of you... I mean the people on this forum seem pretty professional from what I can tell.  But if anyone wants to just be silly, talk about their day, just tell us what's going on in your life, make jokes, you know, that's what I like general chat threads for.  I especially love having a thread that doesn't have to remain on topic cause I have a tendency to go off on tangents and it's nice to know it's ok hahaha.  Anyway I really thought this was super cool of you John.  Shows what kind of place this is.  

• Like 1

I am the most serious musician here.

There is no room in my house for levity.

There was a conservatory attached once. It was a place to tend plants, mature homemade beer and share a joke with neighbours.

I had to be knocked down of course.

• Like 1

Levitating your conservatory will help, even if you tend towards plants. Even if you tend towards pants.

Why were your neighbours in your conservatory? Were they learning music? Preserving your beer?

• Like 1

I am the most serious musician here.

There is no room in my house for levity.

There was a conservatory attached once. It was a place to tend plants, mature homemade beer and share a joke with neighbours.

I had to be knocked down of course.

Agreed.  Jokes lead to laughter, laughter leads to frivolty, frivolty leads to fun, and fun leads to madness and death.  You did the right thing.  Let me poor some drain-O down the sink in memory of your demolished fun house.  My sink is clogged and if I poured something down it that wasn't serving a purpose that could almost be considered frivolous.  

Levitating your conservatory will help, even if you tend towards plants. Even if you tend towards pants.

Why were your neighbours in your conservatory? Were they learning music? Preserving your beer?

I was going to make the levitating joke John.  Not cool.  Get your own material.   :nono:

I was going to make the levitating joke John.  Not cool.  Get your own material.   :nono:

I did, and y'know, it wasn't pinstripe! There's the thing, you were going to make a levitating joke (but didn't) and I wasn't but did! Doesn't that just float your boat? It's never cool in a conservatory. Even with a conservative. Who knew?

• Like 1

I did, and y'know, it wasn't pinstripe! There's the thing, you were going to make a levitating joke (but didn't) and I wasn't but did! Doesn't that just float your boat? It's never cool in a conservatory. Even with a conservative. Who knew?

I was... you wasn't... I didn't... you did....  Does... not... com... pute.... *POOF

I disappeared in an explosion of confetti.  

The late lamented conservatory:

The beer bottles used to explode sometimes.  It used to wake us up at night sometimes.

Consider then, what beer does to your insides at night.

Where the conservatory was, now stands a kitchen. The kitchen has much better acoustics than the conservatory ever did. I’m a kitchen trained musician.

Re: Pinstripes. The closest I ever got to a pinstripe whistle was a herringbone jacket & grey flannel round-me-houses.

I recall a New Scientist cover once had a pinstripe suit on the front to illustrate string theory. So pinstripes could lead to an improved understanding of the universe.  

• Like 1

The late lamented conservatory:

The beer bottles used to explode sometimes.  It used to wake us up at night sometimes.

Consider then, what beer does to your insides at night.

Where the conservatory was, now stands a kitchen. The kitchen has much better acoustics than the conservatory ever did. I’m a kitchen trained musician.

Re: Pinstripes. The closest I ever got to a pinstripe whistle was a herringbone jacket & grey flannel round-me-houses.

I recall a New Scientist cover once had a pinstripe suit on the front to illustrate string theory. So pinstripes could lead to an improved understanding of the universe.  

Lol  I'm envisioning this as a comic strip.  Scientist is measuring chemicals and performing tests and then after much calculation he comes to the scientific conclusion that "People listen to you if you have on a pin striped suit"  Then it cuts to him walking down the street in one trying to demonstrate his theory to the world when a car splashes him with mud.  Yep, That's how me brain works.  

Soooo.... is it normal for a song you've posted to go 3 days with no reactions?  For it makes me sad :(

Rudi, in the Conservatory, with a levitating pin striped suit.

Case closed.

Encyclopedia Brown

I've been working out the details for playing Led Zep "Ramble On" on my acoustic guitar. I knew the intro and verse bits for ages, but never quite got around to the other parts. They are really pretty straightforward. I wish I could say the same for the range of Robert Plant's voice lol he kinda leaves me in the dust. At least he does now. Not that I was ever really as high as mr plant. Honest guv. :)

• Like 1

I've been working out the details for playing Led Zep "Ramble On" on my acoustic guitar. I knew the intro and verse bits for ages, but never quite got around to the other parts. They are really pretty straightforward. I wish I could say the same for the range of Robert Plant's voice lol he kinda leaves me in the dust. At least he does now. Not that I was ever really as high as mr plant. Honest guv. :)

I actually sing as high as he does in alot of songs, but it's getting the same power he has I can't do.  I hit it with more of a Prince type falsetto and Robert belts it out like it's no different than his head voice its insane!

• Like 1

Ramble On from vol 2.

I once worked out Moby Dick. No vocal problems with that one.  :whistle:

Ramble On from vol 2.

I once worked out Moby Dick. No vocal problems with that one.  :whistle:

You did WHAT with Moby's WHAT!!!!  :lol2:

Are we talking Moby the musician or Moby the whale?

Is anyone else working on learning some interesting tracks? Performance or production skills.

That's why I'm not really posting right now, I'm very close to being happy with the finished product of my album, it's 10 songs and I feel like the mixture of moods and genres is just really compelling, one of our members gave me advice on mixing, and I don't know that I'm really taking it fully, but it did inspire me to think about the mix in a different way, and I am just… I may not have achieved the level he was trying to get me to, but it's the best sounding mixes I've ever pulled off so I'm really happy and excited. I'll post some of the tracks when I get them finished and if anybody is interested in having the entire record I'll send it to them :)

I don't know if it would be called interesting but I've been working on mixing a new song for quite some time now trying to get it to sound good. Never can get that bass to sound how it should. I do have a little help going on with it now. Hopefully that'll point me in the right direction. I'll also add that I put a guitar solo in, which is something I haven't done in quite a while. I'm relatively pleased with it. 

I've just read that X Factor USA has been cancelled! Oh Joy! One down and loads more to go, but the end of the empire is on the horizon! Mwuahahahahahaha