Your Ad Could Be Here

(Any Other Large Communities Like This?)

...and by "this" I guess what I mean is communities where you can find people doing so many genres of music.  I ask because I've tried posting some songs on other sites for critique and found that a lot of them seem to be comprised of nothing but people doing various styles of electronica.  I like those songs, but it's not usually what I do, which means that posting a song of mine would invariably lead to the thread getting ignored.   ;)

So, it's been refreshing here to be able to critique a number of types of music and to get critiques from a wider variety of musical background.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll probably be sticking around Songstuff for the foreseeable future, but would still love to expand my interactions so I'm connecting with a greater number of people.

Forgive me if this feels like I'm asking for links to "the competition" or something.  If I'm breaking any forum rules by posting this, certainly delete the thread, mods.  :)

My 2 cents. Through the years I've been on about 6 or 7 songwriting forums/sites and I was a moderator at one. None of them share genres so seamlessly as Songstuff does… which is why I've stopped looking for other sites. Every one had appeared to be open to all genres but in the end there was a strong focus on a singular genre.

Edited by Just1L
  • Like 2

To my knowledge, there is no one else quite like Songstuff...but then I don't get out much these days. :001_tongue:

Haha, well, like I said...I wasn't really seeing anywhere like it, either.  It's a good community, so if it's the only one I end up frequenting, it won't be a bad thing, I suppose.  :)

Cutaia - gonna spell that wrong one day :lol:

I can't say I didn't look around a few years ago, but I was lucky in finding SS so soon, and quite simply what stopped me going elsewhere was the help, instruction, guidance, critique, friendliness and masses of posts going back over it's 13 years, to glean a lot of relevant info.

I've no reason to go elsewhere because even though the range of styles and genre's are apparent, we all do our best to offer feedback regardless of it being "ours". Plus I see lyricists jumping in to music posts and musicians jumping in to help lyricists, etc.

The other thing about SS that you may not yet have cottoned onto being new, is all the extra's, the promotion, the free blogs, access to producers etc, collaborations, legalities and on and on. I just don't know of anywhere else that covers all bases under one roof, that also helps you grow, develop and learn - with a commitment like it has.

As biased as I am, you found yourself a new musical home and family.

End of discussion :lol:

(Disclaimer - Warning points will be rewarded to anyone who .................... in this thread :lol: )

ps - I was paid zero, zilch, nada for saying the above haha