Your Ad Could Be Here

Bitwig - The New Daw In The Battle Field.

• Editors

A new Digital Audio Workstation called Bitwig has recently been released in the market and I want to know if any of you have had the chance to take it for a ride yet. Seems super promising but hey I'm a sucker for these videos lol :)

Let me know what you guys think. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. http://www.bitwig.com

• Like 1

I'm trying to find the "buy me" page, but they send me all over the world to retailers that bounce me back all over the world from one country to the next :jumping13:

:lol:

In addition to that, the asking price almost always comes down. Marketing folks just love people like me. LOL

First adopter pricing  :thumb23:

Edited by LayneGreene

• Editors

lol I agree with you Tom lol It would be a pretty illogical decision to shell out so much money for something you are not sure of on the long run while you already are comfortable with your DAW. Let's see how it will do. lmao on the cubase reference David :D

I'm pretty comfortable with Reaper myself at the moment but it sure can't take a heavy load of plugins. ( It might be my laptop too but it seems fine with Cubase on. ) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am most probably the worst person to comment on this topic but was asked by justsoulin to do so since I use Bitwig.

I unfortunately do no posses enough "DAW" knowledge to give comprehensive feedback on it and to compare it to other DAW's out there.

I just recently started playing with it as a request from  a good friend of mine who wants to collaborate with me so we try to work on the same DAW's to make it easier to send projects to one another.

I have worked a bit with Pro Tools, Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton Live,Cool Edit, Audacity and now Bitwig.

Bitwig immediately gives you a "GUI Scrambled" feel of Ableton, there is no doubt about that. The GUI is very light weight and very responsive which I like. I also love the fact that the when a plugin crashes, your main project stays in tact and you simply can reload the VST and pick up where you left off.

The DAW is still in its early stages and they often release updates to patch bugs here and there. I work for a software company & I am used to the industry so this doesn't bother me too much. I'm a patient kind of guy:P

I also like the fact that they are catering for Windows, Mac as well as Linux. This expands the collaboration possibility even more so that's obviously a good thing.

Overall, I like it very much but I still believe that a person should use a variety of tools to get the best kind of sound/feel for different kinds of styles and music. I understand that this is not always possible for everyone recording at home due to the costs involved.

I will give more feedback on it as I work on it :)

Cheers

Edited by Kaige Evans
  • Like 2