Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Greetings!

I just wanted to take a few to introduce myself. I am James and my username represents the name of my project: The Jamie B Odyssey. 

The project name essentially represents a culmination of my experiences as a California born American who moved to Quebec at the age of 13, resulting in quite the culture shock.I have been working on for the past 5 years and since an odyssey represents an array of experiences, I find it fits the bill. Jamie B is simply a nickname I have had in the past and represents a wink to my past self. :) 

I am currently working on independantly producing and recording my first album and will love to share some things with you all once the recordings start coming together!

My style of music is variable but I usually say I'm a hybrid of pop, rock, rnb, jazz and blues with a touch of funk and progressive at times. It depends on the song really. I write the lyrics and music and am usually inclined to guiding my musicians in regards to the groove I wish to create. I'm a big fan of layering soundscapes to create something that can be appreciated beyond the lyrics and chord progression.

I'm a self taught keyboardist, singer, drummer and percussionist and I've been at this for 7 years now; it's been a fun ride so far! I love all types of music, but I mostly inclined towards 60's 70s rock, funk, soul, hip-hop and RnB.

I also enjoy swing, jazz and blues from the oldies to modern jazz (I'm currently drooling over the new Pat Metheny Unity Group album). I  also own an Indian Harmonium and enjoy indian music for meditation or relaxation.

I look forward to sharing and talking with you all and hope I will have something worthwhile to contribute to this space.

:)

Take care,

James

Hey James, great intro and looking forward to hearing 'your' hybrid mixes :yes:

Welcome :)

• Editors

Great to have you here Jamie! Welcome to Songstuff :)

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

Good to have you around   :)

Jan

Archived