Your Ad Could Be Here

Best Program For Design Disk Cover

You talking about for a cd and then the jewel case?

Just google it. Yes there are special apps that are setup for size and everything.

I use Photoshop for everything. You can gets scripts and templates made ready for 2 fold or 4 fold CD inserts. You just put the graphics in the squares or across squares, and hit print. I'm gettin old...the less steps, the better. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Depends on the actual design and where it will be printed. Ideally you'd use Adobe Illustrator depending on the design. Any images and photos would be worked on and fixed in Photoshop and brought into Illustrator. The text and possibly the logo, if there is one, would be sharper as vector graphics as opposed to bitmapped. Photoshop will def work as long as the resolution is high enough. 

• Noob

Any photoshopping program should work fine. I made the cover for this using nothing but adobe programs (I recall one being called Adobe Photoshop). However, everything I did with it is probably just as easy to do on free programs like GIMP 2. If it doesn't have all the effects you'd like to use (which I doubt), you can always download more plugins to go with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Label-making software can do jewel cases.  For instance, I bought a CD Stomper at the office-supply store and it came with a very fine program (for Macs and PCs) which makes the layout a snap.  You prepare the images with whatever other tool you want, then use this tool for layout.