Here's my Godin Freeway

post-8508-0-56100800-1400071856_thumb.jp

Your Turn

Edited by TapperMike

@Gary 

I hope so.

Nice collection of Gibsons you've got there.   Making me miss my LP's

Baseman....

Have no idea.  Looks like an early yamaha.  The one Carlos Santana used after the SG and Before the PRS

Time for the night shift to check in. There HAS to be more that three guitar owners here.

Absolutely, let me just see if I can find a pic on my ipad....

post-3-0-98224600-1400129702_thumb.jpg

That's the only one I have on my ipad :) my Martin DCX1E

Close, so well done. Yamaha Sf-1000 late 70's. In the same family of guitars but not the one used by Santana.

@Gary 

Baseman....

Have no idea.  Looks like an early yamaha.  The one Carlos Santana used after the SG and Before the PRS

Gary to the rescue.  Impressive collection.

I want to introduce mine one at a time to stretch out the thread a little longer.  Mine aren't top of the line like yours are.

What's the Rick?

Is that a 60th anniversary strat I'm looking at?

The Ric is a 330. The Strat is a Deluxe Players model.

Here's my Godin L.R.Baggs

post-8508-0-09881700-1400160806_thumb.jp

I kick myself everyday for putting a GK3 on it then taking it off then putting it on again.

I am really hating working with my camera.  No matter what I do I can't get a sharp focus.

Anyway, This is my Michael Kelly Phoenix Vibe

mkpv.jpg

The image doesn't due justice to the trans black

• Like 1

there are some loveley guitars here im almost to embaressed to show you mine after those gibsons & fenders & rickenbacker  :drool:

ive never heard of a micheal kelly ...it looks like one of those steampunk guitars with all the metal on it but i cant see it properly & the godins look unusual & how do you pronounce that?

this is my old peavey which i love the most

http://peaveysmall_zps38f7eade.jpg

this is my ibanez that keeps going wrong

http://ibanezsmall_zps438427bb.jpg

this is my jackson that i dont play much

http://jacksonsmall_zps8be2ce9e.jpg

& this is my fender!!

that is a GIANT RAT by the way !! :tt2:

http://fendersmall_zps610b68a5.jpg

• Like 1

Wow.  Digging your little friends there.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

Re ibby (Ibanez)    I've had a few in the past and ...they weren't my cup of tea.

Re Jackson.  Back in the 80's I always wanted a Jackson or Charvel but I never bit   

Re Peavey.  I had one I really really liked back in early 91 and then I fell victim to a burglary where most of my prized guitars and a few amps

I was at a gig when it happened so at least all were not lost

Godin -- Go Dan  I've got other Godin's as well.   The LR Baggs is still my prized Godin    

This is what it sounds like.

The Baggs version came before the acoustcaster and later multilac versions from godin. It sounds nothing like a tele or most acoustic electrics or for that matter later godin acoustic electrics.

Re Michael Kelly.

I believe mine is a prototype that was never developed. No serial number or country of origin stamped on it anywhere  MK is a new brand name mostly known for "modern" looking variations of Les Pauls 

Many Guitar makers will build a prototype take it to NAMM and see if it generates any interest. If it does then they'll go into production. If dealers don't bite the a maker won't build.  Collector types will often show up at the last day of NAMM and buy the display guitars.  Sometimes the guitar goes into production and the Collector has the first one ever built thus... Raising the value of what he bought.  And sometimes they don't and the collector is stuck with a guitar that has no collector value.

I bought my guitar used on ebay.  The seller told me that he bought it from one of these collectors.  Unfortunately the guitar took a dive outside of the box and the neck was seriously messed up.  The neck was repaired by a luthier but there is some visible damage to the neck and the headstock.  It plays "Okay" but the patchwork on the neck is visible along the top.  I got it for cheap and still had to do some minor work to get it into playable condition (I'm finicky when it comes to action)

I'd get another before doing so.  That way you have a sister act.

Still cool idea.

Dammit I'm going to have to get a new camera. My sanyo cam and my android phone are crap.  No matter what I do I can't get the headstock in sharp focus it always wants to focus in on the background....

Anyway here's my Raven West Guitar 450

post-8508-0-09136600-1400262408_thumb.jp

A funny thing about Raven West Guitars.

It's really just one guitar tech out west.  He sends the designs off to a Korean manufacturer and places an order. Then when they come back he does a basic setup and sells them.  God awful website but actually rather nice guitars. The setup was perfect when I got it but the frets weren't polished so It had that scratchy feel until I broke it in.

It's a solid maple top with mahogany back, sides and neck.  The neck is super slim "D" profile with 24 frets (would have preferred 22)  My only complaint is that the pickups are somewhat weak.

now ive seen those kitty guitars i want one .....they look triific .....but just 1 pickup & only 21 frets !! i wouldnt like that

you do have some unusual guitars tappermike..... again ive never heard of that last one !

actually i have 2 more guitars in the back of my wardrobe ....they are very unusual .....maybe i will take a photo of them? you might laugh or you may look in horror!!   :scared:

Pictures of guitars don't scare me....(Well too much)

Touching on Ibby's  from our other discussion here are two guitars I no longer have.

This is a guitar that I used to own,.,,,

00070_1984_ibanez_destroyer_x-series_saf

And this was another guitar I used to own

Ibanez1.jpg

Both Ibanez

oh i love that explorer shape ibanez in blue & yellow with the pink sort of sunburst ive never seen one like that they obviously dont make them anymore

what model is that?

It's an Ibanez X series DT-380

The 380's came in a number of graphic finishes several different stripes and a japan rising sun one

This is one of my .... Not really a guitar guitars

It's my baby z which gets more action then all my guitars combined

Edited by TapperMike