Your Ad Could Be Here

I Just Want To Express It - But I'm Not Sure What It Is...

Hello everybody, my name is Theodore, I'm 18, and currently writing and performing my own songs and compositions on the guitar, cello and in electronic music. I also produce short films professionally. There are a hell of a lot of things I want to communicate, and I know my imagination is limitless with the right attitude, but I don't know quite where to begin. So, I hope to learn a lot from participating in this forum and perhaps I can help others too! 

All the best to you, wherever you are!

Theodore Kitching

I have a few questions for any people out there who might be able to help me out..

A few of my biggest influences are Lou Reed, Björk and Ray Lamontagne, all because they, I feel, express straight from the heart... More than that, they can talk about all sorts of subjects and express a whole array of emotions and yet don't feel like they are one emotion.. In Lou Reed and Björk/The Sugarcubes' case at least, it's music you can tune in and out of, music you can really dance to and also have as background music.. And when it's angry, it's not so unsubtle to be obvious in its message, and it doesn't just have the dimension of anger... Perhaps my language is confusing.. But I think there's a big difference between say, Henry Rollins' "Liar" and the Sugarcubes' "I'm Hungry" for one example.
My ultimate goal, as I'm sure is with many people, is to get to the heart of everything. To reach the uttermost emotional core and share it with others! Surely love and inspiration is one of the most important things to possess, and with me, as quite an emotional person, it is essential. I can't remember the name of the guy who said it, but I watched a songwriting lesson on YouTube once and a man said "Everyone gets into writing songs because they have some kind of mental problem"... With me, this couldn't be more accurate, because I need music, for my mind, for my soul, and most importantly for my self-esteem! I am otherwise quite normal, but I JUST HAVE TO CONNECT! 
So anyway, please respond, anyone who's out there.. You can check me out on Soundcloud for a rough idea of my potential, anyway.. I consider most of it if not all to be disposable at this point.

Peace, love, music!

Theodore