Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey, I'm Denis

I've been playing guitar, acoustic almost exclusively, for over 30 years.  Over the years I learned many songs by many artists and it took me until I was about 40 to start composing original music.  I write fingerstyle music mostly.  In 2008, I booked some time in a local studio and recorded a 6 track EP, all instumental.  Then, within a few months, taxi.com got me on the road to music licensing.  Luck has been on my side I guess as now I have several tracks that have been used for several programs airing on Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, History, a couple of commercials on Canadian television..etc. Hopefully, this will continue to grow and expand.  Fingers crossed!

I've always loved other stringed instruments and while guitar is my main focus, I've recently picked up the mandolin and ukulele.  I'm sure the banjo can't be far behind! 

So, songs, singing, lyrics...I've always sung.  Since before long before I could play, from a very young age, I was always singing.  About a year ago, after many years of thinking "I don't know if I can write lyrics",  I decided that I would sit down and write a song.  Just do it.  And I did, and I've written 3 more since then.  I'll keep trying and hopefully, if I'm doing something wrong, you guys will let me know what I need to do better.  

Denis

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

I think you'll soon feel part of the community here  :)

I'll look forward to hearing your work.

Jan

• Editors

Hey Denis,

Nice to meet you man. Glad that it's been going well for you. Hope that stays. Welcome to Songstuff

Cheers,

Mahesh

Hi Denis,

Welcome to the Songstuff Community. I really like what you've posted so far! I hope you can enjoy what fellow Songstuffers (yeah thats what we call ourselves!) have to offer as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

See you on the boards!

Lisa

Archived