Your Ad Could Be Here

Song Lyrics Poem Thing?

• Noob

Sorry if this seems a little... rough. I'm still a noob at this, and I want to get better. I don't even know the melody for it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to get some feedback... This is called "Little Flower." The way I was writing it, I kinda wanted it to be both whimsical but serious. Like a mix of Two Door Cinema Club and Regina Spektor, if you've ever heard of them.

Little Flower

. . . . . . . . 

"Hey, it's me."

That's what I say

When I see you, every day

You say "I missed you"

I say "I missed you too"

We talk about our love for an hour or two

You tell me I'm your little flower

That fills me with power

But I still ask, "What do you wanna do?"

You always have an idea

Too bad I can't see ya

While we use our fingers as expletive devices

But that ends up causing fights

Between me

and the ones who, disagree...

They say it's wrong, that we shouldn't belong

But how??

How can something "so wrong" feel so right?

"I love you," something I've said before

But when directed at you, it means much, much more.

Love was all I ever wanted, and you happily gave it

You pulled my life out, you saved it...

"Please... Stay with me.

I'll always be...

your little flower."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Like the romantic sentiment of this. You say you are still contemplating a melody for it? So basically this will be

expanded into a song? At the moment it reads like a poem, but needs structure and a chorus it should have a strong 

hook. Obviousl "Little Flower" is your thoughts ..... you might want to think up a stronger hook to pull it together.

You have a good start.  (Verse Ch Verse Ch Verse C or outro or bridge....)

To me it reads like it was/is an  illicit relationship that the wheels have fallen off....

HI the plant prince

I really like this...there is alot of places to go with this, yes I am familiar with Regina Spektor..so you can go that route?  and as Gwyneth aptly points out..this definately reads as a poem for now..but if you find a hook involving Little Flower, you will definately have something worth pursuing...listen to some more examples of her work for additional imput!!.....great job for now!!...I will check back again to see where you eventually take this!!.regards Mike

• Noob

Oh wow, thank you both so much! I'm ever so glad that you liked it, and I'll definitely take your advice! Also, Gwyneth, you're kinda right... but I wouldn't call it illicit! Maybe... frowned upon? And the wheels are still there, just that one of them is flat and I need to wait until I can get it fixed. :/

• Like 1

Hmmmmm Frowned upon? Interesting!!!

Cool -Dont wait to long to pump that wheel up and get rolling again   :-)

think this is almost lyrics . the lines may ned to be joined together in places and a  hook/ chorus to tie it all in   PO

john