Your Ad Could Be Here

Some Questions About The Labels

Hey guys! So, I have finished making 3 songs that I would like to send to a label. I wonder, what should the quality be? I think I improved the quality of my songs quite a bit, since I started recording them, but still I´m not sure if it´s good enough. Maybe if someone is interested I could send them privately the tracks to listen to and tell me if the quality is good enough or not. I used FL Studio.  

Another question I have is, how willing are labels to sign someone who still hasn´t published any song or performed (as a solo artist)? I heard that one should perform first, but then I also heard that the labels don´t want to publish a song that has already been independently published and performed, so I´m a bit confused and not sure what to do.

Thanks everyone, 

Cheers! :)

Edited by LilOrange

Hello there. I imagine that it depends on the label. Aren't I helpful? :) I wanna hear your musics.

• Like 1

More than someone to solicit your music, labels are looking to see how big your following is.  More often than not, unless they sign you on for a writing/publishing contract where you contractually write songs for their catalog, or you are contracted for artist development, you need to establish yourself and create some of your own buzz.

Your best bet is to start generating awareness on YouTube.  Create a music video or performance that stands out among the millions.

There's quite a bit of information about the pitfalls of pursuing a label as a means to a music career.  We go into it in this thread: http://forums.songstuff.com/topic/39074-how-much-money-can-we-musicians-earn-online/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Use taximusic(dot)com! They are an independent A&R company who act as the middle man to get songs made by "nobodies" noticed by top record labels and film industries. Everything you need to know is on their site, so go check it out for yourself :)

Hope this helps,

Ken

• Like 1

I would post a song or two on this site for review if I were you. The feedback from these folks is awesome as well as Very Valuable

As far as Taxi is concerned I am not recomending nor dissing them but the band "Crossfade" was signed from a Taxi submission

and Randy Bachman is a member. One thing I will say If you do decide to join (Taxi) and submit material, Your stuff better be Really Good they are a tough nut to crack. Which is why I think so many think it is a scam.

Also there are Thousands maybe Milloions of Bands, Singers Songwriters etc. the percentage of those getting signed is

well to be honest I have no idea.

You can always go the route of doing it yourself others have done it. The success rate of the thousands that do? I have no clue.

The most important thing is don't give up no matter what the odds.

You may be the next big deal.

EJB

• Like 1