Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi! I'm Annalise and I am an amateur lyricist. I would like to get into lyric writing for a career so would love to have feedback once I figure out how to post my lyrics...... can anyone explain how to post things for me?

Hey Annalise

Welcome to Sonsgtuff!

Well, you've already managed to make this post, which is a good start. :)

The community is divided up into topic based boards. Browse around and take a look. The lyrics critique boards are within the Song, songwriting and music production category. There you will see a few lyrics critique boards. there is a general lyrics critique board, but also boards for members only, a parental advisory board, a rap and hip hop board and there is also a poetry board.

Each board has it's own rules, in addition to the general site rules. They are posted above the individual board they apply to. FOr example, when you post a song for critique, you must critique a minimum number of lyrics by other members. There are articles about how to offer critique if you are unsure how. All members must do this. At some point it was new to  every single person here, so people understand that you might be new to critique. It is however a great ability for songwriters because it helps you exercise many writing skills and tools without the emotional attatchment you have to your own work. Well worth investing some time in.

One thing, when you post your lyrics for critique, remember and tell members if you are looking for specific feedback, or are sure you don't want other specific feedback. It helps focus people's attention :)

Cheers

John

Hi John

Thankyou for your help, I'm really looking forward to being a part of everything here.:D

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff.

I hope you enjoy being here.

Jan   (I'm also a lyricist) 

Archived