Your Ad Could Be Here

Lost

• Noob

Some days you wake up but keep your eyes closed and wonder what you're doing with your life 

No goals, no directions, an empty shell and soul with no meaningful end in sight

You go to sleep early, then sleep in late, just to spend less time awake

You avoid the hard questions to sidestep life's lessons and have less decisions to make

But in the back of your mind you know there's no time to coast through life like a ghost

Though with all of your might, you still see no light, you can't find what you want most

What you desire is to one day wake up with a passion burning inside

A will to move on, doesn't matter what fashion, as long as you don't look behind

When that day comes, you'll finally be free of the shackles holding you down

You'll start to move forward, you'll help others see, and pass the passion around

Hi Aaron Hall, I take you are a Millennial? I am a baby boomer-different generations-yet nothing changes- and I feel your pain, angst, and indecisiveness-I went through it - it comes  through loud and clear!...so thanks for sharing!...regards Mike

• Noob

Really enjoyed this, Aaron. A very relatable and personal topic for me as I am also going through the same trials. 

Couple things:

1. "and have less decisions to make": "Less" needs to be changed to "fewer". 

I love to sleep... and live in my dreams. It's sometimes very painful to wake. 

2. I think the imagery of wings and flying would work really well after "a passion burning inside". Also, "fly" is a great rhyme for that stanza. Oh, and i just saw the contrast that would create with your imagery of shackles hoding you down! I love the way that would fit! 

Archived