Jim of Seattle

We Are All Famous

7 posts in this topic

This is my first (and until later this year, only) album, "We Are All Famous", released on Green Monkey Records. Available on iTunes, Spotify, etc., but you can here it here for free.

It made Ted Gioia's list of best albums of 2013, and he was kind of enough to say some super nice stuff on the Daily Beast:

"Is this Brian Wilson Recording Under a Pseudonym? No, it’s just Jim of Seattle. Or so they say. But I’m still skeptical. Jim’s We Are All Famous, is just too creative for a self-produced project by an all-but-unknown performer. Jim knows every rock-pop production trick in the book, and uses each one at some point in this album. His conception of vocal harmonies is especially adept. Get this man out of Seattle and bring him to Carnegie Hall!  We Are All Famous may have been the single most pleasing musical discovery I made during 2013. "

2 people like this

Great song Jim of Seattle should be in Carnegie Hall. The whole tune worked well for me. I don't get very many songs like this to listen to. Thanks for posting, I truly enjoyed it.

Randy

Thanks! Are you only getting linked to a single song? I thought my link was for the whole album. Which song is coming up?

We Are All Famous is the one that popped up in the player. The entire album is listed below it though. I just didn't listen to all of it cuz I don't have the time to do so.

Edited by Just1L

I listened to the whole album and was floored! So many songs felt like movie scores to me. And there were so many things being conveyed by the music - drama, fantasy, humour, satire... wow! Oh, and the Windows music? Epic! 

Hey thanks! So glad you liked it. I have a newer one out too, in case you're interested. I should make a thread for that one too I suppose. Thanks again!

11 hours ago, Jim of Seattle said:

Hey thanks! So glad you liked it. I have a newer one out too, in case you're interested. I should make a thread for that one too I suppose. Thanks again!

Please do :)