Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hey there! :)

My name is Jason, I'm currently 18 years old and from a little village in Germany. I call myself a singer-songwriter for about 2 years now.

I started playing guitar with 15 (I think) and soon was busking with my friend who encouraged me to sing. Somehow this succeeded even though my confidence was quite non-existent. :D

With the time, we started writing first songs together and officially formed the band "Black.Box". This lasted about a year or so, but soon we realized our differences; he was quite extroverted and almost longing for drama to write about (he did some badass things back then), while I was sorta busy with my own mind and made up worries from nothing.

As you can imagine, worrying is no good way of living and I found myself on the edge of depression. I never slipped though.. thanks to my passion, making music. :ilovemusic:

So then, after I finished school and got rid of all the pressure, I got a girlfriend and life felt finally great again. But the drawback was, I was "dry" so to speak. Not a single line written in over 2 months(!). During that time I still was doing music though, taking lessons for guitar and singing and making videos for my YouTube Channel JasonINero, but still I never had such a blockade before, and for me there was no way explaining this but that being happy wont bring me inspiration. That's a hard way to put it I and surely I don't want to think this way. For me a journey started, looking for inspiration all around me. I got in contact with myself again, found new ways to express myself and bring emotions to paper but also worries started to form again, yet this time I know where I'm heading and I'm ready.. :)

The moment when a person has tears in the eyes because of something I wrote, play and sang - that's what I'm living for!

Well now here I am, I love singing, playing guitar and writing songs.

With my membership here on songstuff, I'd like to share some lyrics, give and get feedback, discover new artists but most of all: learn.

Because what's life without learning and striving for true greatness? And by that I mean, being the best me I can be.

My main inspirations and influences right now are: Ben Howard, James Bay, Allman Brown, JP Cooper, Vance Joy, Jaymes Young, Johnny Flynn, etc...

x JasonINero

Edited by JasonINero

Love your intro Jason... Welcome to Songstuff! :)

• Like 1

• Noob

Thank you John! :)

• Like 1

Hiya Jason, 

Great intro and welcome to Songstuff. :)

And Dave does have a point there ;)

• Like 1

• Noob

Thank you David, 

haha at least you know "etc". That's the most important part as this never changes in the list :D

Yeah I noticed that already, I hate that pickup, not sure why I haven't tried that though. Next time ;)

Also thank you Mahesh :)

Edited by JasonINero

welcome Jason

no idea who etc is but a whole lot of people influenced by him/her / them  

john

• Like 1

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff  :)

Hope you enjoy being here on the forums!

Janeva

• Like 1