Your Ad Could Be Here

Just bought the upgrade to Mixcraft 7 Pro

Just two days ago Mixcraft released a sales email for price drops.  My upgrade from Pro 6 to Pro 7 was $45USD  Well worth it.

I hate to start off on a negative.... Since I'm using WaveRT and an hdmi output for my audio monitoring the sound is both thin and crackly.

That is not the fault of Mixcraft by any measure.  Microsoft produces a free alternative to asio and waspi (direct sound) called WaveRT.  It's fixed all my latency issues associated with running Win10.  However it's not supported by Microsoft which is why many other daw's/hosts refuse to allow it's use for audio / midi.  WaveRT will give off crackles if you use another program in the background which taps into audio resources.  This doesn't occur if you are only using the host/Daw and close out any programs (including browsers) that may be using the sound card.

I plan to try it using my Yamaha THR10 as a monitor/sound card later.  (Too much to do today)

Because I've covered Mixcraft 6 in great detail in the past I'll concentrate on my findings regarding the Pro7 version.

First off... Practically no latency with midi.  I've opened up a few of the demo files and played along with some rather extensive pre loaded content.  Not even a whisper of latency.  Most of this has to do with WaveRT.  Though some has to do with a powerful system (Dell i7 3.60 Ghz and 16 gigs of ram.  It's simply stunningly fast.  

Next Mixcraft has added a lot of features borrowed from Ableton Live.  Performance view for looping and enhanced quantification, sync and so much more

A long time back I was equally fascinated with and frustrated with Ableton live.  I'd quite frequently comment that the reason they had crazy cool editing tools was more about how badly it failed with regards to latency in order to get things right the first time. After 10 minutes using performance mode in Mixcraft 7 I've lost any desire to use Ableton Live ever again.

M pro 7 pro has added a few virtual instruments and enhanced many of those included.  If there is one pet peeve of mine regarding these instruments is lack of fully developed banks./ programs / presets (FXB.  While in years gone by I'd love to tweak knobs to find "famous sounds" These days I'm much more content to find a close enough approximation.  Like Sonic Projects OPX-Pro 

I've yet to transfer over my countless third party effects and virtual instruments onto my Windows 10 machine.  I often debate which to keep and which to leave behind.  Not for storage as much but for ease of access my vst folders are a nightmare.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...