Your Ad Could Be Here

song rescue

I have note books full of waffle with lyric potential. Most of them will stay unused.

Sometimes I wonder if I should throw them away. Are they keeping me mired down in the past?

Some song ideas that never came to fruition are worthy of rescue though. Who else has this problem?

• Like 1

It's a personal thing. If you feel mired then clean house. For me I would need one of them the second I burned them. I still have the first Words I ever wrote and every once in a while the come in handy.

• Like 1

I've got about 5 or so songs in my head that I can't seem to ever get to working on, but I don't have any lyrics lying around like that. Now … screws, nuts, bolts, nails, hinges, etc… I have tons of. Multiple large cups and boxes filled with them that I've saved for future use over the years. I think out of a decade and a half, and thousands of those things, I've really only used at most 12 or so. But man, it felt good to find what I needed at the time. Same could be true of your tunes. I say keep them. Better than having old cars and refrigerators collecting in your front yard.

If you do have old cars and stuff in the front yard, I say sell it all for scrap now . :) 

Randy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tunesmithth said:

I've never felt the need to develop them & it's kind of comforting to know I have them just in case.

Some of mine nag me a bit

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Just1L said:

I say keep them. Better than having old cars and refrigerators collecting in your front yard.

Randy

:D You put it nicely into perspective Randy. I'll keep 'em, but not in the front yard.

• Like 1