Your Ad Could Be Here

My Melody System

• Noob

Hi guys -My father once said to me, that only geniuses can consistently write great melodies - for the rest of us it is like a lottery .

Some artists only manage one hit in their entire career - I became obsessed with trying to understand why some melodies were

catchy and others were very forgettable - Over time, I developed a System -which I am proud of - Sadly, I developed techniques

far too late in life -as I am 61 now - too old to join a band I reckon!  Nevertheless, I want to share my ideas with everyone for free - 

I realise that for some musicians the word system alone, is a big turn off - believing that music has to come from the heart, or it isn't

valid. I have a lot of sympathy for this point of view - I tried to make my system a generator of ideas, rather than a cold machine - 

In any case I won't bore you with the details of my system - if you are interested you can watch my catchy melody tutorials  .  I reckon I could now teach anyone to write a catchy melody - it is not that difficult -though it once frustrated me like

you wouldn't believe - 

I would be very interested to receive feedback from fellow musicians - I hope that enough will get it - and enough will follow me, to reward all my hard work!

Edited by Welsh Melody
To add a link

• Noob
On 8/23/2016 at 5:37 AM, Rudi said:

Why not just post a link?   

Good point -so its done 

Nice job with the video. I hope you get some writers giving your approach a proper tryout.

• Noob
2 hours ago, Rudi said:

Nice job with the video. I hope you get some writers giving your approach a proper tryout.

Thank you  -I am also trying to create a new songwriting team - Hope there is some life in this old dog yet!