Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hello everyone!

My name is Giovanni Mangiante and I'm from Lima, Peru.

I have been making music for quite some time already but I never ventured into promoting my work, whether they are covers or original music.

This is, I believe, mostly because of the insecurities that I'm trying to fight off these days. I've never been good with self-promotion and such but I figured I should give it a shot and see if I can actually make a living out of my art. Or at least get some recognition.

I started back in 2010 producing and writing rap songs for myself. Let me tell you, dear reader, that my lyrics were as awful as Kim Jong-un's hairstyle. I didn't speak English when I was that young so, I had to figure out a way of making rap songs in English and well, yeah, you can imagine how bad that was. Why didn't I use my native language, Spanish? Because I didn't like the sound of it and because one can be so picky.... So, 4 years later, I learned English to the point I even became an English teacher and dictated some classes for awhile.

Now I still make rap songs but with the exception that I also decided to work on Metal, Dark Ambient and DSBM projects. Quite the contrast, am I right?

Anyway, recently I started making covers and uploading them to YouTube (I think this site doesn't allow YT links because of the commercial issue but I'm not monetizing my videos so.. I hope I can sort that out here maybe with an admin or someone in charge) while I prepare my first rap demo and DSBM demo.

I came here to meet new artists, some maybe even pursuing the same musical genres as me, exchange knowledge about the music industry, and promote some of my work.

I hope I didn't bore you with my post and thanks for your time.

Have a good day!

Giovanni.

Edited by Giovanni Mangiante
Disclaimer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff.

I hope you enjoy being a member here.

Janeva