Your Ad Could Be Here

A remix of the Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 4, Mov 1 (WIP)

I tried "remixing" the first movement of Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 4. I thought it'd be an interesting challenge, and boy, it was.

It's like 60-80% done.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fxdPJseOtP

Apologies for a noticeable gap of silence somewhere in the middle - I don't know what happened there.

Also, I struggled with trying to warp the tempo of original orchestral recording to fit with the 135bpm this is, with varying levels of success. Pardon me here, again.

Finally, the ending is quite bad. This was the part I was working on, before I decided to take a listen from the beginning.

The piano/drums part in the middle didn't quite fit. It felt like it needed more orchestral music to wind up to it. I thought I was nearly done - just wrap up the end, and shove it into a cardboard box with flaps, and ta-da! After maybe a month of work, and struggling with Ableton, I was utterly sick of this thing, and was relieved to be close to calling it done. But then I heard how badly that middle part stuck out, and thought to get some second opinions. Is this worth still working on and bringing to completion, or can I put it aside, and try new things with no great loss?

Any and all comments welcome. Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

:)

This being my favorite piano-concerto and one of B's most powerfull creations, I can say you've put a smile on my face. I enjoyed it pretty much! It's nice to listen to classical music done this way.