Your Ad Could Be Here

Where do they get these great pad sounds from?

Dear Anyone.

I'm wanting to learn how to create/find as presets (preferably the latter!) the sounds used by the following two artists:-

Yellow Brick Cinema (yeah, track length takes the BLEEP, you'll hear all the sounds in the first 40 seconds or so, though, honest!)

and Medwyn Goodall (it's the pad in the middle. You hear it in the first 2 seconds and throughout. I've been told it's saw wave, reverb, low-pass filter but I dunno, I can't get the darned thing to sound like his does and I don't know enough to know why.)

Because they're background sounds, they don't have to be on the most expensive VSTs (Yes I expect they're on Omnisphere somewhere, but I can't afford that right now.)  Just similar sounds that would be OK to work up into tracks I can put on websites afterwards, really, sounds that do the same jobs as these. 

Yours hoopefully

Chris.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

You might want to check out http://kvraudio.com  They are all about production.  First one sounds like a breathy voice pad.

The second one sounds like Korg to my ears.  Possibly wavestation or M3 / Kronos

• Like 1