Your Ad Could Be Here

Songwriting Idea

Hi all, while I am trying to come up with some inspiration, I was wondering if anyone wanted to try out a game. The idea is similar to story writing games where someone starts a sentence and someone else adds the next and so on and so on. I thought this might be a nice idea for a song. The lyrical idea can then be taken further by the members who like to compose music and see what style they interpret from the lyrical content. I think it would interesting to see what we could all come up with. For the members who like to write lyrics, they could take the idea and come up with something in their style.

what do you folks think?

I'm in , BUT   ! ! !   are there any rules ?  e.g.   only one line per person per verse ?...or a free for all ?  

i vote for = 1 line p/p . because i have done this before in another forum and i want to write 2 or 3 lines at a time which takes  the song in a direction i am pointing it towards , not the group direction , if you know what i mean ? 

have u got a working title yet ??????  :rtfm:

2 minutes ago, teek said:

I'm in , BUT   ! ! !   are there any rules ?  e.g.   only one line per person per verse ?...or a free for all ?  

i vote for = 1 line p/p . because i have done this before in another forum and i want to write 2 or 3 lines at a time which takes  the song in a direction i am pointing it towards , not the group direction , if you know what i mean ? 

have u got a working title yet ??????  :rtfm:

Hi Teek - was trying to get a feel for how many members wanted to have a go and then we could come up with some titles and premise, put it to a vote and start from there. Agree about the one line per person.

• Like 1

Hi Richard, Teek,

Yes this was done here before a long time back. At that time the lyrics looked like a patchwork quilt made from silk, sackcloth, polyester and leather.

Its certainly worth a go though. Perhaps agreeing to a rhyming pattern or verse length would be useful too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudi said:

Hi Richard, Teek,

Yes this was done here before a long time back. At that time the lyrics looked like a patchwork quilt made from silk, sackcloth, polyester and leather.

Its certainly worth a go though. Perhaps agreeing to a rhyming pattern or verse length would be useful too. 

Hi Rudi... totally agree. If a premise can be agreed on for a subject/topic, it should be easier to keep within the parameters of what's required. I was just hoping to have a bit of fun and see what everyone can come up with on their own based on what we get from the members and when we are happy we are finished. Do we go normal song structure etc.

Might be interesting or fun, maybe ;) 

I think something like this is best left to find its own subject and path...in fact the 'topic' might not even be fixed....  Put a first line down and let others add one line at a time... the only rule should be that once a rhyming scheme and flow has emerged from the first few lines it should continue so that it could potentially be performed in a way that works.... but that should just happen. Anything that just doesn't fit the rhyming or flow can be disallowed....and the writer shot.

Your idea Richard so you do the first line.

8 hours ago, MonoStone said:

Might be interesting or fun, maybe ;) 

I think something like this is best left to find its own subject and path...in fact the 'topic' might not even be fixed....  Put a first line down and let others add one line at a time... the only rule should be that once a rhyming scheme and flow has emerged from the first few lines it should continue so that it could potentially be performed in a way that works.... but that should just happen. Anything that just doesn't fit the rhyming or flow can be disallowed....and the writer shot.

Your idea Richard so you do the first line.

Dek - I was hoping to see how many would be interested first, but........

'The light in the distance, felt like hope in the dark'