Your Ad Could Be Here

WAV to MIDI

That is a highly inaccurate process at best.  Even the best digital audio recognition can have a bear of a time with monophonic sources.

As well you can forget any dynamics being translated accurately.

If it's simply a matter of you "cop'ing" licks you might want to try something like riffstation.

If it's a matter of importing wav files to a daw there are plenty of daws that can play both midi and digital audio (wav etc) on multiple tracks at the same time.

Thanks TapperMike.  As I'm new at this and not completley comfortable around computers I appreciate your help.  I've since been told Reaper might help.  It allows all files to be converteed including MIDI and WAV so I'm gonna give that a go.

• 1 month later...

Melodyne is probably the slickest way to do that. Works best with mono tracks. works good with percussive material (loops) . You  get all kinds of other cool things in that program. It's main strength is pitch correction.

Some things you can do are make a midi copy of an audio loop and port that midi to something else making backup parts...these parts can also be moved along the pitch line, so you can effectively make complimentary parts such as harmonies.

It works with direct audio and also makes midi files. 

It works directly from within some audio programs. I use Sonar and it launches directly from Sonar if I highlight the audio or midi. I'm sure most of the more popular DAWs have this integration.