Your Ad Could Be Here

What did you get for Christmas?

My sister gave me a regift hp laptop circa 2010 with Windows 8 installed.   Apparently it had collected dust for so long it missed the free win10 upgrade.  Now I know what everyone was complaining about.  It only took me about four hours to get the os fully recovered. 

I'm going to install android on to it.  Although I'm going to have to invest in a Bluetooth usb

It's funny you get a new computer that has nothing on it and then you realize the implications of that. (spending all that time transferring your stuff)

I got a flying lesson in a Tiger Moth. I've flown in 2 seaters twice before (once from Baltimore over Chesapeake Bay and once locally over Portsmouth & Southampton) but in modern aircraft. This was from my son.

I usually wouldnt want these 'experience' gifts but this is different. Always loved the classic biplanes.

His girlfriend bought me some extremely strong Belgian beer : 10% !

That reads great Rudi, I've always had a fascination with flying but never pursued it as a pilot.  I've been a passenger on military (transport, communications, helicopters but not fighter) planes as well as commercial and personal crafts   Most of it I've rather enjoyed but I've never taken to the stick and throttle. 

There is no way I am going to train as a pilot. I used to work with a pilot (he was the one that took me out over Portsmouth) and it costs a mint; far more than in the US. I don't make that kind of money.

The 'lesson' is really a quick hands on 'go'.

Always was fascinated by classic fixed undercarriage open cockpit WW1 style planes. I think there are 5 operating Tiger Moths for this activity in the uk.

I didn't really get anything yet. I bought my wife a stay at the shore and i guess this was partially for me too, although she is the one who mostly enjoys it.

A few months ago I got an upgraded DVR setup. Comcast X1 . I have a remote I can speak into and it will search programs. HD, fast internet, all that. Yesterday we set out to exchange our other boxes on the remaining TVs, four in all. This makes all my TVs HD and they can now all see recordings from my DVR. Comcast bought Netflix, so now I have Netflix integrated with  Comcast movies and I have amazon prime movies too.

One of the TVs was too old to work with the newer HDMI connections, so I was out at BJ's last night buying a new 4K HD smart TV. The video is really amazing. I guess this was kind of a Christmas present, even though the new TV is in my wife's room ;).