Your Ad Could Be Here

Is there a point to making an album?

Is there a reason to make an album?

If you are a band and have any aspirations of moving up to the next level, the answer is YES. 

You said your band has enough songs to do an "album" - then by all means produce it. It doesn't have to be a physical product but it does need to be available to your fanbase. So many bands get stuck in the local bar grind, and most never progress beyond that because they never committed to doing their own original music. Some bands never make it out of their rehersal space. You need to do two things to have any shot at all: gig and have your own tunes. That formula hasn't changed for decades, and, even though the 'record industry' is undergoing a dramatic shift, playing live and having records (by this I mean a "record" of your songs/work/compositions available in ANY way) is essential.

The other reason to produce your songs is from the artistic perspective. There is never a better time to record your art for posterity than NOW.

Peace,

TC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rudi said:

I'd just rather give them away.

Can I get a hard copy of that? 

13 hours ago, starise said:

Can I get a hard copy of that? 

Certainly.

When its done.

The hard drive disaster has set me back a few months though.

[smiley=acoustic.gif] :specool:

Archived