Your Ad Could Be Here

Goal: 50 new songs in 2017, music and videos

I've written and forgotten so many songs over the years. 

I've partially recorded some, but abandoned them... because they sounded different than I'd imagined, I just couldn't find the time, realized I didn't write enough, to far from perfect, etc. etc. etc.

Now I'm 50 and not getting any younger... so I decided this year I'm going to try and write, record, and make a video for 50 songs this year. (or whatever it adds up to ;-))

It's an exercise for me in accepting the art as it comes out.

I know they're not perfect but I'm so happy to just be getting things done and moving on the the next. 

I'm not trying to make millions or be famous...

I'm just expressing myself.

So far I'm on track with 4 completed so far. 

Cheers,

Vincent

Hey Vincent, quite  a goal you've set for yourself but 50 is one of those birthdays isn't it.  I enjoyed watching and listening to what you have so far.  The scenes appear to be the same type of Midwest environments I'm familiar with so its like watching my neighbor go through his day.

peace and good luck with the process 

Tom

Thanks for the encouragement...

Hey I quit smoking :-) ... it's been 50 days so far ... wrote a song about it check it out.

Really cool songs, Vincent! I also like the train song, both the music and visuals!

I've been trying for a long time to kick the habit as well(Cool song, btw). Good luck!

Ken

• 1 month later...

My computer had crashed and burned after recording this song and before making the video. It took a couple weeks before I was able to get a capable computer. Kind of appropriate for the theme of the song. Anyway ... I'm happy enough with it .. so here it is.

• 1 month later...

cool deal

your project reminds me of mine with its diy vibes in the songs and videos (but i only have about 12 so far and it's been closer to two years !!)

anyways 

good luck

• 7 months later...

Ha ha well... it’s been a little while since I’ve been here... had a busy summer... but I digress... getting back into the swing again. Here’s a jam :-)

I have another one completed all except for a vid ;-) cheers!

• 2 months later...

Accepting the art as it comes out! Wise attitude in my opinion, and EXACTLY what I do. Fame and fortune be damned, just do your music for its own sake.

Peace,

TC

PS: Loved the Train one...

• 2 months later...

A great exercise in finishing. The last 5% is the hardest, just accepting it's done. Every musician engineer I know remixed and remixed just because they could. Is there such a thing as a perfect mix? I doubt it but there are plenty that eventually had all the life remixed out of them.

I quit smoking a few weeks ago, too, so good luck. And I will be sending a link on to friends for That Train.

Archived