Your Ad Could Be Here

Vocal problems

Hi and welcome Kyle.

i guess you need to be sure you are both talking about the same thing. Did you confirm what they were thinking of? The song? Melody? Words? Singing? Expression?....

That's perfectly normal. I think a majority of people feel the same way about their vocals when they start out. Especially if they are starting out with little to no prior singing experience/classes, etc… I know I did and from time to time I still do. But for the most part I'm over it. It reminds me of when I was very little and we got our first cassette player/recorder. We all just hit record and started talking. I was shocked that what I heard was what other people heard as well. It sounds worse to you than it does to others. Just keep plugging away and eventually you'll come to accept them. 

You've come to the right place though. I say post some songs, critique other peoples songs, and you'll have a better unbiased opinion of your tunes. Sometimes friends can just be saying things to be nice. 

Ah, you've been practising empathy and encouragement! The results are impressive. Not exactly an orthodox teaching method, but it's all about results. :)

I guessed as much, I was  entering into the spirit of things lol I know your sense of humour / making a point / not pulling your punches mix fairly well by now... as I guess most regulars do! :P 

I also suspect that deep down you have a soft fluffy interior bursting with a desire to hug strangers after you have helped them across the road. :)

Or not. :D

5 hours ago, Jenn said:

regardless of hobo's humor.. listen to him.

Indeed, he knows his craft.

Archived